Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Twombls t1_jci4t3c wrote

This has been a problem as long as I've lived here. We could bury the lines. However its incredibly expensive. And the people who get hit the worst tend to live way out up a mountainside or something so their lines would never get buried anyway.

4eververmonter OP t1_jci7j34 wrote

Would it be more cost effective in the midterm..actually pay for cutting back arround the lines? Rather than buring or paying th ot needed for restoration?

−3

E123334 t1_jciq7an wrote

What is the threshold? How much specifically are you willing to pay for less outage time? Would you pay 20% more on your bill every month for an 8hr reduction in outage time per year on average? I’m not trying to troll I’m genuinely curious what your thoughts are.

4eververmonter OP t1_jcz9oo7 wrote

Let's tally the cost of restoration. Reduce that by,??and budget it for tree maintenance to prevent the damage. Should be at least attempted in areas that are prone to costly, constant (not just this one storm) restoration. Maybe a pilot program?

Twombls t1_jci7wjp wrote

Probably doing some cutting along the lines. Encouraging people to get a good propane generator or battery bank.