Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

amhais OP t1_jdf9777 wrote

I hate to wish a financial headache upon on anyone, in this case AirBnB owners, but I think this is great news. If true, this could help to ease some of the housing crunch that we are seeing across the state.

zombienutz1 t1_jdfbqj4 wrote

Stick it to em. Just saw a fresh on in Winooski for $450/night and it's booked out. Fuck that person.

Twombls t1_jdfi44o wrote

Hopefully winooski enacts a ban similar to burlington

bluepied t1_jdh6utn wrote

Come on out to Malletts Bay…we have dozens of AirBnB’s ranging from $250/night for a tiny house to this ugly Tetris-piece house for $1200/night LOL. Someone just gutted this one across the street from the lake renting for $800/night. It’s nothing but MA, NY and NJ plates out here all summer.

hideous-boy t1_jdhqbe3 wrote

holy shit the $1200/night one is booked out for two months. The greed of these people is absurd

poopooparoo t1_jdktth8 wrote

>holy shit the $1200/night one is booked out for two months. The greed of these people is absurd

Was this built were all those vermonters got kicked out of their homes because they build them on leased land?

ChocolateDiligent t1_jdzo2pp wrote

You can’t entirely place blame on people who are doing this unless you completely ignore the conditions that allow it. Shame on us for not getting regulations together sooner. And this is in no way a substitution for more housing, and will have little impact on the housing market even if those renters decide to get out of the rental game and sell.

meinblown t1_jdfu0d2 wrote

Yeah capitalism is the worst! /s

−49

Pctechguy2003 t1_jdg3z2x wrote

The way late stage capitalism works is basically like those comical snowballs going down a hill and getting bigger and bigger.

There is a disproportionate amount of money. And Im not talking about that person who owns part of a town and has tens of million of dollars… Im talking about the ultra rich. Look back into what people like John Rockefeller did…. He crafted the school system to prevent people from really working for themselves and instead wanted people to work for him. People like that craft an entire society into what they want so they can reap the benefits.

Its a late stage capitalism is a sad system when you look at it. We are not far from the dystopian futures they show in movies.

GrittyPrettySitty t1_jdhk8md wrote

... yes?

meinblown t1_jdhkrd9 wrote

Hey, I agree, $450 a night is ridiculous, but if you have people willing to pay that, go for it!

−6

GrittyPrettySitty t1_jefsbhy wrote

Exactly. You are just making my point.

meinblown t1_jeg449f wrote

I'm sorry you are not in a position to sell something you worked hard for, for $450 a night I guess...

ichigo841 t1_jdhjex2 wrote

I wish financial ruin on all these Tiktok landleeches.