[deleted]

−27

Green_Message_6376 t1_je13zrb wrote

Let's grow worker's rights.

[deleted] t1_je1459g wrote

[deleted]

−22

partial_birth t1_je16kk1 wrote

Vermont doesn't need more business from companies that choose to do business here because they can exploit Vermont residents more than they can exploit residents of another state, it needs businesses that can pay a thriving wage, and unions are a way to guarantee that. Almost no businesses are just going to hand over a thriving wage without being made to.

[deleted] t1_je16sv5 wrote

[deleted]

−19

partial_birth t1_je1772g wrote

Collective bargaining rights are the foil to corporations' ability to lobby the federal government.

[deleted] t1_je193pt wrote

[deleted]

−2

partial_birth t1_je1ah8z wrote

Yeah, let's be real, because all of the businesses in Vermont aren't part of the skiing industry or skiing-adjacent industries.

d-cent t1_je1bc8i wrote

Lol are you new to VT? Vermont has always been about supporting local people and not corporations

cpujockey t1_je1idnn wrote

fuck that, abolish the starbucks. IDGAF if they unioned or not - shit is gross. Gas station coffee easily beats this dog shit.

yerkah t1_je2ydwg wrote

There are better independent coffee places out there, but people who viscerally hate Starbucks coffee tend to have shit taste. By chance do you go to Dunkin Donuts and use an assload of cream and sugar in any coffee-based drink you consume

cpujockey t1_je3rzff wrote

No I drink mine black. Typically equal exchange coffee or if I'm in the pits, chase and sandborn.

Green_Message_6376 t1_je7kjqw wrote

I'm a coffee snob, but I'm not crazy, not passing up the 99 cent coffee at Cumby's. I honestly prefer it to Starbuck's nasty treacle.

[deleted] t1_je1im3c wrote

[deleted]

cpujockey t1_je1ixob wrote

Who gives a shit about college tuition. Y'all don't need a degree! Y'all need vocational education! Just kidding.

But still fuck Starbucks. That shit is awful. Dunkin too.

[deleted] t1_je1j0px wrote

[deleted]

cpujockey t1_je1j8v7 wrote

You know we could transform our economy into a production based economy. We don't have to pander to tourists. Trust me manufacturing and the production of quality goods could come back in a big way here.

PromiseNorth t1_je1mutb wrote

☝🏼Have you seen how hard they work there sarcastically.. Those dudes can’t even string together a face to face order at 3:00 in an empty shop for drip coffee. “Ohh but the mobile order pace is so taxing” … this is madness. Some will boycott cuz it’s corporate coffee, but corporate coffee served by union members delivered to people who would only buy corporate coffee because it’s unionized but would never join a union in 1 million years. Breaks the logic center of my brain down.