Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Fantastic_Painter_15 t1_jd4k77k wrote

More green, more cold, happy cows

In seriousness though, how does it compare in what sense? What specifically? Schooling? Job market? Cost of living? Political leanings? Climate and culture? You’re just gonna get a bunch of wise-ass answers like mine if you ask such vague questions here. Vermonters love to be wise-asses

[deleted] OP t1_jd4kx6k wrote

[deleted]

−5

suzi-r t1_jd4m8yh wrote

Compared to MO, MUCH colder, even in summer, much more ice & snow, & generally more expensive

PsychologicalEar0 t1_jd4m7pa wrote

weather is crazy here. summers are hot and humid but beautiful. Fall and spring are nice. Winters can be brutal (saw -50 this year at my house).

You can live in the middle of the woods or in a more "urban" area (our biggest city is 50k people). If you want to live in the middle of the woods, you need to prepare for no power in the middle of the winter for several days aka have a plan.

cost of living is decent, i dont know what you need but you can find housing online and see how it goes to your budget.

work i think is tough around here unless you have an in-demand job.

love the culture lots of skiing fishing hunting hiking camping and live music. Pretty good local food and bars.

amazing fishing. i fly fish

very labral gun laws (can conceal carry without a permit) and its easy to get a hunting license. Not too many deer but u can get one. lots of small game. Short season.

vermont4runner t1_jd4n64h wrote

Have to disagree on the summers. Having lived in the Deep South for a bit, the summers here are mild and dry. After months of 104F and 100% humidity VT is wonderful.

PsychologicalEar0 t1_jd4oo90 wrote

i mean thats fair sometimes we see those temps and we do get alot of constant humidity but i truly haven't been to the south to experience that.

i spent alot of my summer in cold clean river water so its nice