Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

redwolf1430 t1_ir67av6 wrote

3-4 days a week in the winter!!! can you be my instructor? i go out like maybe 2-3 times per winter. I have been riding for a very long time only in the Icecoast. I have learned the hard way just how much trees can hurt. I literally hit the tiniest of trees going like maybe .5mph. Peed blood for weeks because of the injury to kidney. I still hit the trees, but have way more respect for what's involved.

With instructors, what everyone else already said you can find one on the slopes but would need to convince them to do private lessons which is certainly against most resort rules.

There are instructors that will take groups out to the back country and practice what you are looking for. Check out : http://www.killingtonmountainguides.com/

CafeGhibli t1_ir6e2bm wrote

Super helpful thanks. I’m registered for some avi stuff too. I just want to learn how to hit jumps better. When I was younger I’d learn jumps and drops the hard way but I’d like to reduce falls these days.

Re: days/ week - I negotiated 4day work weeks with my employer. Cram a few sunrise/sunset skins in there and it turns into an awesome winter