Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Playingwithmyrod t1_irk11m3 wrote

Best I can do is 60 in the left alongside a logging truck

whaletacochamp t1_irke51g wrote

“Hmmm I’m going slightly faster than this truck, better get in the other lane”

“Oh my god I’m next to this big scary truck and everything feels so fast now and also scary! Better just sit right here in the most dangerous and stressful place for everyone”

utilitarian_wanderer t1_iriuq7c wrote

Sadly the left lane has become the "I'm going plenty fast and if people behind me are mad that's their problem" lane!!

coach_abe t1_irkdqpo wrote

Unless you’re driving through the Burlington safety zone……where left lane is for “thru traffic”.

Salty_Charlemagne t1_irmosxb wrote

This! I hope people don't get annoyed by this around the Burlington exits. I always move left then to make room for all the quick merges.

WantDastardlyBack t1_irmr5qd wrote

Yes! I've seen people on other forums saying the sign saying "Thru Traffic" was taken down. It wasn't.

meinblown t1_irkf97p wrote

Not through Burlington it's not unfortunately. There are posted signs that state that through traffic should stay left before the city limits from both North and South.

bscrampz t1_irleiig wrote

There are also posted signs on the rest of the interstate that say “keep right except to pass”. Basically, people should just read road signs.

Aws1217 t1_irjzgxq wrote

Yet somehow I still get stuck behind Vermonters going 10 under the speed limit in the left lane every time I’m on 89 what a concept

bigtimesauce t1_irkg6qt wrote

Vermonters are terrible drivers, just fucking terrible.

−8

cpujockey t1_irm9x3e wrote

Give yer balls a tug. We like the speed limit as much as r/wallstreetbets loves GME.

−4

Aws1217 t1_irosrle wrote

Y’all follow the speed limit like the Bible and all the speed limits are too slow

Desperate_Ring_8933 t1_iriwyzy wrote

Amen to this I drive 89 frome Berlin to Burlington daily yesterday day was a nightmare only hope is we get a good windstorm so the leaves go bye bye

Jsr1 t1_irmd8dr wrote

Keep right except to pass, preach it!

DaddyBobMN t1_irj6x3v wrote

Situational awareness works better than guidelines but we as humans on average aren't particularly good at either.

SifuxHotman t1_irl2piy wrote

Seriously, I was just driving there yesterday and was thinking about making this exact same post. It get so much worse during peeper season (though natives are absolutely guilty of it here and there too).

tdukie13 t1_irkrk5f wrote

But there aren't two channels/grooves in the road in the left lane!

CancelCultAntifaLol t1_irmipre wrote

To add, that gizmo on your dashboard? It’s called a blinker. It’s used to alert other drives of your intentions so they can plan accordingly. By not using it, you are telegraphing a different intention, creating confusion and the potential for accidents on the road.

It’s actually a really shitty move to not use it, so just an FYI.

yafsyiasty t1_irjzawp wrote

Least of our problems now, I think. I was backed up to the visitor center going south on 89 at 12:30 today (leading to Richmond exit and the construction merge). That’s over two miles before the “zipper”. I’m assuming it was an accident, but pulled a u-turn for the first time ever on an interstate and went Rt 2. Was moving by the time I got there but that road was backed up too. Debated driving to 15 and going to Morrisville then down 100 to Waterbury. Such a mess. VT infrastructure problem or poor traffic management? Both? Anyone know when that bridge will be back up and this ridiculous bottleneck will end?

802vermont t1_irlflzo wrote

There was an accident involving a tractor trailer and a minivan on a bridge. I89 south was closed for about 2 hours while the crash site was cleaned up.

Status_Mechanic t1_irmb16p wrote

Incident: https://vtstatepolice.blogspot.com/2022/10/williston-barracksmotor-vehicle-crash.html

"VSP would like to remind the public it is against the law to operate against the flow of traffic or utilize U-turns on the interstate." So...good job, you got an anonymous shout-out by VSP! lol

yafsyiasty t1_irmk80d wrote

Lol. Thanks for the link. It was my first time ever and I did it because I was right at the turnaround and could see both lanes northbound were completely empty, so I just went for it. I’m wondering if I actually saved any time but no way to know.

jdh2020hm t1_irkgimc wrote

Everywhere else it's just driving.

gingerkid_420 t1_iriun7x wrote

U talking about Richmond exit?

[deleted] OP t1_iriv1dh wrote

[deleted]

showmeyourbrisket t1_irkq5l9 wrote

Passing on the right is legal.

StoweNow t1_irkw87r wrote

100% true

https://legislature.vermont.gov/statutes/section/23/013/0103

Title 23 : Motor VehiclesChapter 013 : Operation Of Vehicles

Subchapter 003 : Use Of Roadway (Cite as: 23 V.S.A. § 1034)

§ 1034. Passing on the right

(a) The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass upon the right of another vehicle only as follows:

(1) when the vehicle overtaken is making or about to make a left turn;

(2) upon a street or highway of sufficient width for two or more lines of moving vehicles in one or more directions and with unobstructed pavement not occupied by parked vehicles; or

(3) upon a one-way street, or upon any roadway on which traffic is restricted to one direction of movement, where the roadway is free from obstructions and of sufficient width for two or more lines of moving vehicles.

earthlingonarock t1_irlnuen wrote

Just stay home until the Ironman is over! Oh sorry wrong subreddit

haikusbot t1_irlnv9h wrote

Just stay home until

The Ironman is over! Oh

Sorry wrong subreddit

- earthlingonarock

^(I detect haikus. And sometimes, successfully.) ^Learn more about me.

^(Opt out of replies: "haikusbot opt out" | Delete my comment: "haikusbot delete")

coldnight3 t1_irj2yv3 wrote

Do the quick drivers also believe we should drive straight through the weave lanes at exits and cloverleafs? I ask only because the signage ( Black on white, regulatory signage ) says left lane for through traffic. So too does the route guidance traffic signage, which is white on green.

If we can reduce the road rage against people making space for merging/exiting, I'm all for sorting to the right whenever possible. I'm less interested in everyone going faster, but realizing there may not be space to move right at all times is also something that people who want to pass should keep in mind.

rockpharmer t1_irk1ppm wrote

Getting passed by peeps on Rt 2

LeafPeep28 t1_irjubss wrote

It’s because of a lot of visitors to the state that does not no about this pass on the left rule !

−6