Submitted by FutureVermonter t3_xzgzh1 in vermont

Do you all realize being opened minded to different races, cultures and sexual orientation but then look down on “flatlanders”, still makes you prejudice?

You are just a different kind of bigot.

Let’s be better.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Quiet_Satisfaction64 t1_irmpd2e wrote

People can’t choose their race, culture, or sexual orientation, so we have no judgment there.

But they do choose to come here and be obnoxious. Ill hate them for that.

Edit: Spelling

grnmtnboy0 t1_irm93dg wrote

Ok troll, 99% of people here couldn't care less about a person's race, culture, sexual orientation or whatever. What draws the flatlander response is when anyone comes here with the all too common sense of entitlement and arrogance that we see every day. The moniker is in reaction to behavior, nothing else. Just be happy that we remain polite enough to just refer to them as flatlanders and not do something else

FutureVermonter OP t1_irpd4c3 wrote

You all are just stereotyping and being bigoted. No different than racism.

−2

Beardly_Smith t1_irpeeb0 wrote

Stop being bigoted toward vermonters you racist

−2

FutureVermonter OP t1_irpfhqr wrote

You are a next level moron with that response.

Beardly_Smith t1_irpghi1 wrote

You're just stereotyping and being bigoted

FutureVermonter OP t1_irph18y wrote

No I’m responding to a term being used put down a whole group of people. That’s what bigotry is. Looks like you need a dictionary or maybe a brain. Now that was me just being mean…but seriously stfu

−2

Beardly_Smith t1_irph9dp wrote

FutureVermonter OP t1_irpi9sb wrote

obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

This is literally the definition of bigotry for calling someone a flatlander…get educated.

Beardly_Smith t1_irpidmc wrote

FutureVermonter OP t1_irqvs6j wrote

Just calling out their hypocrisy. If you feel this is directed at you (which you do) maybe you should look inward. Do you say the N word? Do you call whitr people cracker? Do better bearded douche.

Deuce-anda-half t1_irniv9m wrote

OP wipes with 4-ply.

Give yourself 5-10 leaf peeper seasons, you’ll come back to this post and laugh at your own virtue signaling.

Now if you actually want to make an impact, I’d focus on a social justice cause that actually matters…

an_idiot_i_suppose t1_irmp0eu wrote

Don't worry bud, I see you moved up here in the last couple years, you'll get it soon enough.

cpujockey t1_irnebme wrote

Takes about 5-10 years for the flatlander shine to gas out and the glossy finish to become matte with struggle. Only then will they learn how Vermont is a cruel mistress and a ball busting hell hole.

−2

Squid_Hunt t1_irph3ut wrote

its a matter of elevation. Technically we will always look "down" on flatlanders

friedmpa t1_irmucdv wrote

Assholeism

cpujockey t1_irnel58 wrote

Ableism? My grandfather was the first disabled barber in Vermont and even served on the barber board. You might think of this as small potatoes, but where the navy and others wouldn't accept him - Vermont did.

Give yer balls a tug.

−1

cpujockey t1_irne1tx wrote

Op - give yer balls a tug

Vermonter natives are not all hillbilly white trash. I'm a native Vermonter and not entirely white myself. A lot of us pushed back against jack asses with take back Vermont signs during the civil unions thing, and a lot of us are in interracial relationships.

Our geneity diversity gives us strength, our values give us purpose, our contempt for flatlanders is unwaivering.

I just want you to think for a moment that you have a home and your new neighbor comes to your house and tells you everything about your life is cheap and dumb. Then they tell you to paint your house a new color cause it doesn't match their blinds. That's pretty much flatlanders in a nut shelll.

Let that one marinate while you give yer balls a tug.

−1

Traditional_Lab_5468 t1_irnuyip wrote

As a flatlander, calling someone a flatlander to rib them is hilarious. Getting called a "fucking flatlander" when I do some stupid shit will never stop being funny for me. Keep doing that, anyone who gets poopy face over that needs to stop taking themselves so seriously.

Calling someone a flatlander because you honestly think it's an insult makes you look like you eat crayons. I think I've only ever heard it happen like once or twice (I've lived here for about 10 years), but whenever it happens it's so apparent that the person saying "flatlander" is just an absolute neanderthal and is trying to shut down the conversation because their two brain cells found each other and short circuited.

−4

FutureVermonter OP t1_irpfyuo wrote

People say it left and right here. It’s a derogatory term to keep People out of vermont. It’s ignorant.