Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

the_ocean t1_iuifrmh wrote

Reply to comment by BrendanTFirefly in Accurate by seanner_vt2

I’m on a DRB and it’s infuriating how easy it (usually) is for us to approve people with 50+ acres subdividing into 3 ~15 acre parcels when it’s almost impossible to permit someone’s desperately-needed 8-unit rehab / conversion project.

We don’t need 2 new vacation homes. We need 400 units of mid-tier housing.

Mad__Vlad t1_iujovi1 wrote

Or even one acre parcels, the septic restrictions kills subdividing larger lots.

the_ocean t1_iujxt1e wrote

Much as I’d hate to see a bunch of 1-acre plots with single family homes, I’d take it over no housing options at all. And it’s still better than a subdivision of ~1/8 acres lots with single family homes, which is extremely common in MA.

Edit to add: what I mean is I want to see town center build wastewater systems so we can build denser houses than septic allows, as well as more multi family and attached houses, and not build suburban sprawl houses.

Mad__Vlad t1_iujydv5 wrote

Down in my corner of the state land is outrageously priced for anything worth building on and only sold in ten acre plus parcels. It’s really one of the main reasons our average new construction is at $400k, only the wealthy can drop $100k on a parcel then actually budget a build as well.