Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

accepteverything t1_ivoaeyj wrote

Brattleboro is cool if you want to avoid skiers. To me Brattleboro feels like a little Burlington. Burlington is always an option.

PuddleCrank t1_ivojx3j wrote

Gotta find an authentic BnB right? I know near Jay Newport and Derby there are some awesome places!

Twombls t1_ivohkn6 wrote

Burlington.

Jay is beautiful even if you dont ski.

localchickenboi t1_ivp5ia0 wrote

Grafton inn is really cool for weekend snow- xx ski and tubing, great food, cool town!

elpvtam t1_ivr96us wrote

Why not Montreal? Yes a bit out of state but it feels very foreign and is a great escape. Like going to Europe to honeymoon but only a 3 hour drive. Quebec city is also wonderful but a bit further and can be very very cold

jackington17 OP t1_ivsevdy wrote

Was actually considering going a little out of our way! Not a bad idea!!!

woodstove7 t1_ivo82nf wrote

Stowe is beautiful in the winter in my opinion. My then fiancé / now wife stayed at a Bed & Breakfast and loved it.

clonezilla t1_ivofibf wrote

It’s beautiful just prepare for the crowds and traffic. If you’re looking for more of a serene, away-from-people experience look for BnBs in Eden or Craftsbury.

Twombls t1_ivohfgz wrote

Avoid in the winter if you are looking for something chill. Unless sitting in 4 hour lines of traffic is your thing

fergal-dude t1_ivoovgc wrote

Where are the 4 hour lines of traffic in the winter? Longest I’ve ever been caught in traffic was going over smugglers notch when the leaf peepers were here, and that was like 45min…

Twombls t1_ivop68r wrote

Through stowe village and all the way to the mountain. Most Saturdays and sunday mornings

r3nd- t1_ivp0oph wrote

Stowe if you can swing it and don't mind people from New Jersey and Mass. Jay for a cheaper option, but with French Canadians and a water park.

jackington17 OP t1_ivpkrht wrote

Been to Stowe and it’s nice. Would like to see more of Jay, thank you!

maine_soxfan t1_ivpidbb wrote

Really depends what you're looking for. Woodstock is great. I'd always recommend. Or heat to West Dover and stay at the farm road estate. Really great property

Lundgren_pup t1_ivq8zom wrote

Woodstock is such a cool little anomaly. I rode around there this summer on a motorcycle and was really surprised. The main strips were full of people, and all the brick and stone buildings were interesting. Also an impressive amount of restaurants and galleries all packed together. I'll have to do more than a ride-through next time.

maine_soxfan t1_ivqetjs wrote

Yeah, it's such a great town. And one of the best parts, all the power lines in downtown are buried. Next time you're there, take some of the side roads up into the hills. Mostly dirt roads, but well kept for the most part.

Lundgren_pup t1_ivqhpmr wrote

Dirt roads up in the hills is by far and away my favorite thing about Vermont!

Beardly_Smith t1_ivnvxua wrote

Must be new to the area?

−16

jackington17 OP t1_ivo439x wrote

No?

Most_Expert_8080 t1_ivo9paj wrote

Have you not ever been outside of rutland

−14

jackington17 OP t1_ivp0rug wrote

I have. But I would like opinions from people in state on where to go. Also, not everyone is privileged enough to get to travel far from their hometown or where they settle… try to remember that when making comments like this. While I may be asking just to get more ideas, someone may actually not have had the opportunity to get out or travel much.

Beardly_Smith t1_ivrjkm6 wrote

Rutland pretty much centrally located in the state. You could travel to any other part of it and still not "travel far".

jackington17 OP t1_ivseuad wrote

I do know where Rutland is located and that is still kind of assuming people have the privilege. Even central to the state, there are things that are indeed far and very expensive so not everyone gets to travel often. I’m not sure why this is even a debate. I’m simply asking for ideas from other Vermonters because I like to try new things… and even if someone hasn’t traveled much regardless of the reason it shouldn’t be an issue, should it?