Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

vtet1314 t1_ixxp8ci wrote

Cougars forever haha. Graduated in 09 and moved to btv after. It’s our time to shine after Me, Myself, and Irene. Or maybe Super Troopers.

WantDastardlyBack t1_ixylytf wrote

Way back in the early 1980s a movie was partially filmed in Jericho and several local students were extras in the fight scene. I don't know the name of the owners now, but the Allens owned the big brick house on the corner of Rt 15 and Lee River, near Joe's Snack Bar, and allowed filming inside the house. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gift_of_Love:_A_Christmas_Story

1DollarOr1Million t1_ixyrq8z wrote

Also there was a movie with Susan Sarandon and Don Johnson filmed in Hyde Park.

trashmouthpossumking t1_ixzf1hp wrote

Funny Farm was filmed in Vermont as well. My aunt proudly displayed prop sheep from the movie in her front yard for years after.

0bvious0blivious t1_ixymyy6 wrote

The film Wizard of Loneliness was filmed in Bristol. A few locals had roles in the film alongside Lukas Haas and Leah Thompson.

eccomyth t1_iy08tm1 wrote

I was in High School at MMU when they did the shoot for Me, Myself and Irene on Lee River Road with the Mustang and him rolling out of it. Got to take some of the day off and go down and check out the setup and see him get in the mustang and drive off for the scene.

dropkickninja t1_ixzm0vj wrote

super troopers wasnt filmed in vermont

eccomyth t1_iy08zx4 wrote

Yeah main bulk was NY. But some secondary shots and such where of Vermont. Just not the bulk of the movie.

nimcau2TheQuickening t1_iy0kd6o wrote

What secondary shots were in Vermont? I don’t understand why they would bother since it takes place in a fictional town and a generic looking highway without any shots of any recognizable Vermont towns or landmarks.

dropkickninja t1_iy0q7fh wrote

Our staties have blue lights, not red and blue. What was shot in Vermont?

BrigAdmJaySantosCAP t1_iy1rv2w wrote

I was at MMU when Me, Myself, and Irene was being filmed down the road.

vtet1314 t1_iy28gyt wrote

Too funny, they turned the film cars around in our neighborhood.