Submitted by riverotter13 t3_z4u6m9 in vermont

Hi all! My husband and I are longtime Vermont visitors, and we have always stayed at The Stowehof. It’s a really special place to us.

For the last few weeks we’ve been trying to book our spring visit, but cannot get a hold of the Stowehof. We’ve called, emailed, sent DMs and no response. Their website is down and there’s no activity on social media. Bookings through third parties also seems to be completely unavailable.

Anyone local know what might be going on? We are worried it’s closed, but it seems odd there’d be nothing out there about it if that were the case.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

SaintTheShaman t1_ixsvkye wrote

I believe they are closed for remodeling. My fiancé and I reached out this past summer and we’re told.

VioletRefinery t1_ixt08a0 wrote

Yes, that's right. A friend of mine worked there. They were bought by a big chain who decided to close it down and remodel. I'm not sure it will even come back as the Stowehof at all. Everyone was laid off.

Creative_Giraffe_345 t1_ixuk48u wrote

Confirming this! The Stowehof sign has been removed and the driveway is barricaded. We haven’t seen any indication that remodeling has started yet. We’re expecting it will be a while before a business at this location reopens.

riverotter13 OP t1_ixt1i5e wrote

Oh no. That’s so sad. The staff there was always so incredible :(

LukeMayeshothand t1_ixt5vcz wrote

My memory is terrible but I believe i proposed to my wife on a sleigh ride at Stowehof. Shhh don’t tell her I can’t remember.

Note: I remember proposing just not what the name of the place was.