Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

durpdurpturd t1_iyyqanj wrote

I have flown from Montreal and saved money also. Every time I was warned about cars disappearing if you leave it there. I know there is an increase in car thefts in VT but that’s mostly opportunistic low level drug addicts. Montreal has more of an organized crime syndicate where things can disappear even locked up no keys. American plates are a tempting target for that.

IAintSkeeered t1_iz06bye wrote

>leave it there. I know there is an increase in car thefts in VT but that’s mostly opportunistic low level drug addicts. Montreal has more of an organized crime syndicate where things can disappear even locked up no keys.

I know of 2 people who had new full size trucks stolen from YUL. The latest was about 5 years ago so I am not sure if it has improved. I have never heard of anyone losing a car at BTV, BOS, MHT, BDL, etc. I wouldn't say your chances are high, but relatively speaking they are.

poopooparoo t1_iz99mo9 wrote

I usually park at one of the nearby hotels. Not saying it can't happen there but knowing that it's sitting in a fever in lot that requires someone. Actually going into the lobby to be let out helps.