Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

squidsquidsquid t1_izl4b6v wrote

Reply to comment by merikus in Headache in Vermont by vtluvsbrady

It's an outlier for the entire US medical system at this rate. I've been trying to deal with DHMC and get a diagnosis for the last year+ and it's just been a solid nightmare.

bonanzapineapple t1_izlyujb wrote

I have plenty of experience with DHMC, both good and bad. But my experience with their Neurology headache clinic has been fabulous. I would definitely recommend, but I also get I'm just one person and others may have experiences that differ

squidsquidsquid t1_izm0l79 wrote

I'm glad to hear it. I've been dealing with derm, rheum, and allergy and I no longer have a dermatologist at DHMC because my experience was so bad. They've been shit for primary care as well. Knowing the departments that *don't* suck is just as valuable as knowing the ones that do, so thanks for your insight into neuro. I had my neuro stuff done at Gifford, which was... fine. A lot of their nurses were wearing a lot of incredibly potent perfume which always blows my mind, but the actual appointment wasn't a disaster.

bonanzapineapple t1_izqbtiu wrote

Oh having primary care at the dhmc main building is horrible... Their satellite clinics are slightly better. And yeah, not all depts created equal

squidsquidsquid t1_izr8yel wrote

Yeah my PCP is not at the main building, but it feels like the problems are the same. DHMC bureaucracy/ managed care is just shit across the board, satellite office or main location.