Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] OP t1_j2mc57i wrote

[deleted]

−13

Formal_Coyote_5004 t1_j2mfy2u wrote

The assumptions you’re making here are insanely untrue and kinda insulting to be honest. Don’t know where you’re getting this nonsense from, but every 30 something I know lives on their own and has a kid or two of their own too.

ceiffhikare t1_j2me6ph wrote

>A lot of the ones who stay are turning into anti work type and live with their parents forever.

I cant really blame them in a lot of ways. The private sector broke the social contract every chance it has ever gotten. Every protection and social safety program had to fought for often years or decades in the making... and then defended because they are still demonized and threatened all the time.

Business owners are not due workers to chase THEIR profiteering dreams. If the pay and benefits are not there, dont expect the people to be.

random_vermonter t1_j2n2p1s wrote

I see that they deleted their boomer "no one wants to work!" post. Maybe they should spend less time spreading that horseshit and more time doing something to make it better. They won't because they're boomers.

ZiaGyPSy t1_j2mj7t6 wrote

The state has a relocation incentive program that pays young professionals up to $7500 to either come to VT for work or to move to VT with a remote job. That program has received applications for more money than it has to offer. So your understanding is simply untrue. There are a lot of young professionals moving into the state to make up for the folks who leave. That’s why the population of VT remains largely unchanged.

[deleted] OP t1_j2mk4fr wrote

[deleted]

Formal_Coyote_5004 t1_j2ml419 wrote

Well, e_white was being serious which sucks because the shit they said is just not true about adults living with their parents forever. Lol I don’t know where that came from