Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

VTPeWPeW247 t1_j2sa1r9 wrote

What are the causes of this? Research each of the 5 homicides and see if there is a common thread. It doesn’t interest me, but I already have a hypothesis.

−2

Corey307 t1_j2sai3n wrote

Most were drugs, one was a murder suicide and the suicide doesn’t count toward the five murders last year.

VTPeWPeW247 t1_j2sj3ml wrote

Yep, drugs. But that won’t be what gets addressed. A small group of people will rally to take away rights from the rest of us because they are scared and want their Liberal Utopia without the unpleasant consequences.

−5

Corey307 t1_j2t4dch wrote

Burlington is already trying to pass some gun free zone bullshit which will accomplish nothing because criminals don’t heed no gun signs. I do they’re rare in the state but the few times a business has had a sign I didn’t go in if I was carrying. Likewise I wouldn’t carry on to somebody’s bro, I respect property rights. Criminals obviously do not and it’s not like people are getting prosecuted for crimes.

ButterscotchFiend t1_j2smhe4 wrote

yo, enlighten us with your hypothesis

VTPeWPeW247 t1_j2son6c wrote

If Reddit wasn’t just an echo chamber for people who only want their views validated not challenged, I would. But Reddit is an echo chamber, so downvote away. Yo.

−3

Background-Ad114 t1_j2toast wrote

> Research each of the 5 homicides and see if there is a common thread.

I don't know if I'd start doing too much research because I wonder what we will find if we continue researching back through time. Especially in a state like Vermont where historically the variety of 'threads' hasn't been that varied lol.