Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Unique-Public-8594 t1_j3459bu wrote

Hi.

Hope you have a great trip.

You might want to ask this over in r/NewToVermont also.

gmb158 t1_j346vbq wrote

All depends on where you’re staying and if you have your own transportation! There’s plenty of options for each part of the state, as long as you can get around on your own.

gmb158 t1_j349rhh wrote

Depending on what you’re interested in, you could research the Montpelier/Barre area for some decent restaurants and/or museums. You’ll only be 45 minutes or so from Burlington which opens up a lot more options if you want a small city vibe. Aside from that, southern Vermont is underrated if you’d be willing to drive some more. Ludlow, Weston, Woodstock, Manchester…plenty of different options to explore. In all honestly, being open to outdoor activities like snowshoeing or skiing would helpful but so far this winter hasn’t been anything to write home about, so it could be the right time to seek out other activities if that’s your type of thing!

whaletacochamp t1_j34bczb wrote

Would be helpful to know what you already have planned. Things are pretty spread out here so if you’re already going somewhere there may be other things along the eay

generic__comments OP t1_j34bvsq wrote

A flight, a car, and a hotel.

We just wanted to go to a place that was cold and far away from Florida.

I was just asking here to see if there are any well known things by residents. Like, in Orlando we have many different festivals and things to do, but they are mostly summer/spring activities.

−1

Unique-Public-8594 t1_j34c1wq wrote

I’d say the most popular in that area are food & drink at Prohibition Pig, food & drink at the Pitcher Inn (upstairs or downstairs, and ice cream, shopping, tour, & flavor graveyard (depending on snow depth) at Ben and Jerry’s

Me? I’d skip Montpelier and Burlington. Venture north a bit further to Stowe (hard) Cider (flights), Spruce Peak Lodge for a ski resort vibe, Doc Ponds (burgers), Remarkable Things art store, Publix House (IPAs), Alchemist (IPA), Butler (breakfast), and Stowe Mercantile general store. Snow shoe, ski, build a snow man, make snow angels. Enjoy.

whaletacochamp t1_j34el3j wrote

So really a blank slate!! I will say that, as someone who has spent a decent amount of time around florida, Vermont is about as polar opposite as you can get from florida and not just in terms of weather!

How much time between when you land and when you have to get to your hotel? and is the hotel in waitsfield (maybe Mad River or Sugarbush?) there’s a lot to do in Burlington by the airport, and a decent bit to do between the airport and waitsfield.

Northernstudy t1_j34uodc wrote

Try craftsbury and greensboro, the Gennie, hill farmstead brewery, craftsbury outdoor center

-_Stove_- t1_j37beec wrote

Cross-country skiing (Ole's), Downhill skiing (Sugarbush/MRG), a winter hike (anywhere in the greens),