Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

whaletacochamp t1_j4qp4vw wrote

Runamok is the move for neat gifts. Unfortunately you won't find what you're looking for at the price you're looking at.

We don't produce our own but our neighbor taps almost 1000 of our trees and gives us syrup (and some cash) in return. He just gives me gallon jugs, and while I do basically drink the stuff I have to try to go through a gallon in a year. So we are left with usually a half dozen gallons or so of syrup which is way more than we need.

So what we do is have a day sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas where my wife and I have drinky poos, we warm up a shitload of the sryup in a giant carafe, and then we aliquot it off into smaller more decorative bottles.

This year we gave syrup to everyone in our immediate and extended family, all of my employees, and all of my wife's employees. It was over 60 12oz bottles. Final cost for us was something like $2/bottle but that's because the syrup was free. I honestly have no clue what a gallon of syrup would cost you (depends on many things) but I can buy one from my neighbor for about $40-$50 depending on the season. That will make 10 12oz bottles. So you're looking at about $7 per bottle in that case which isn't bad.