Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

WantDastardlyBack t1_j5eephk wrote

Reply to comment by meshycat in Is USPS okay? by WingsOfFireAndCake

I have family in that area who have been struggling to get mail more than once or twice a month, so it's been at least a year that this has been happening.

The weird thing to me is that if you look up Williston, there is one listing for weekend delivery work and it's very clear that there are no benefits. That to me is the biggest problem. I thought about applying to work for the USPS, but as soon as I hit no benefits it loses all appeal.

vtsunshine83 t1_j5ewhot wrote

Getting a PO Box (if they are available) would help the office workers.

Asking to hold your mail for you to pick up would help, if you’re really serious about helping.

I order a lot from Amazon and have a PO Box. Sometimes I have to make a few trips to the car but that’s okay. It saves Fed-Ex, UPS, and the PO from having another stop and I work in town so it’s easy for me, too.

thisoneisnotasbad t1_j5f3o55 wrote

I have started having my Amazon shit delivered to work with the permission of the mailroom. A FedEx package that gets stuck in Williston for a week makes it on time every time to a business address in my experience.

meshycat t1_j5evh3h wrote

It's been longer than that in some areas.

The ARC position is the only position we currently have that do not get benefits as they only work Sundays and holidays.

RCA/CCA/PSE positions are immediately eligible for health insurance upon hire and after a year qualify for the Federal insurance benefits which include health, vision, and dental. If you join the union they have their own set of insurance benefits as well.

Postings go up for 7 days then come down and if no one applies it gets reposted so if someone is looking for a specific position if it's not there today it doesn't mean it won't be tomorrow.