Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

personalhale t1_irp7tot wrote

Michael is a dang national treasure and it's so sad to watch how much he has degraded with Parkinson's. I can't believe he even still does these appearances! What a great guy! I still love his Scrubs appearance and how they dealt with his disease in the episode. Bink bink bink bink!

Jak_n_Dax t1_irq3k21 wrote

1991 was when he was diagnosed. That’s a year after I was born.

He’s had a good run and kept it at bay pretty well but damn, I can’t imagine living with something like that hanging over my head for 30+ years… The man’s a champ.

T0WERM0NKEY t1_irr9sfe wrote

About the same time my dad was diagnosed. He passed away 4 years ago but really he was gone like 7or8 years ago.

Hang in there Michael, but go peacefully when the time is right. ❤

Jascrey t1_irqclnj wrote

Michael J Fox is a born Canadian so let's go with 'international treasure.' Sharing insulin & Ryan Reynolds with the world just wasn't enough I guess.

I2eB6L t1_irpkzv4 wrote

That was the last time a saw him til this. Wtf....

lukewwilson t1_irpymuf wrote

That was my thought too, it's a lot worse then last time I saw him

UsidoreTheLightBlue t1_irq6znw wrote

I met him at wizard world Philly in 2016 and he was totally different then to now.

Bark4Soul t1_irqic1k wrote

I was going to say I felt like I just saw him on TV and realized scrubs was like 13 years ago. Damn

MoocowR t1_irt8qh2 wrote

> it's so sad to watch how much he has degraded with Parkinson's.

Unfortunately it seems to have been caused by a tumor.

>>Fox had come to Johns Hopkins for removal of a tumor on his spinal cord that was unrelated to his neurological disease. Although benign, the large growth was threatening the 57-year-old actor with paralysis