Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Nuclear1975 t1_itlz919 wrote

Can confirm this is 51 seconds completely well spent and worth every second. You cannot afford to miss this one.

PeacekeeperAl t1_itm5klh wrote

Great stuff. I don't think it'll be as popular as Partridge, Calf, or Saxondale, but it's fantastic to see him trying new characters and the message is spot on

PolskiOrzel t1_itm7u76 wrote

I have seen this before, and it's always a welcome reminder.

Your ego can really mess things up, I'd add to this message: don't be afraid to say, "I'm sorry" and "I love you" and "I missed you" to not only a partner, but all of your friends and family.

Moist-Way-3902 t1_itn1k4d wrote

That's a dope hat. I wish they made it look more like a fedora though. My buddy Brian has something pretty similar.

PeanutButterPanache t1_itn6tha wrote

Kiwi wisdom right there. Suicide is a big problem in New Zealand so messages like this, from blokes like that, are important to spread

SoupCanNort t1_itnft2z wrote

I needed this today. Thank you.

bobswowaccount t1_itnq5x1 wrote

This dude would probably be great to sit around a campfire with. On that note, sitting around a campfire is good for the jelly between your ears too.

sesewe t1_itnsxms wrote

Had to load up a VPN to watch both channels (the bot channel, and the original)

but it seems like the bot is just trying to game the algorithm with copied content

PeanutButterPanache t1_itoro7c wrote

Not sure really.

New Zealand has the highest youth suicide rate in the OECD, so obviously something is happening.

If I had to guess, it would be because it can feel somewhat isolating there. Sometimes small problems can compound when there isn’t really an ability to escape. Kiwis are generally (and literally) pretty insular. The world can feel small there, particularly for those experiencing poverty.

FlawlesSlaughter t1_itouv5h wrote

Might be to do with the poor parts of NZ kids not being raised well, loads of split up parents. Though I don't know how that is any different to any other place.

Getting mental health help can be difficult, for example when I was struggling during polytech I tried to get help and they said, I'm sorry that you're struggling right now the next appointment is in 3 months, how's that?

Self harm seems really rampant and popular especially in highschool. Back then I was naive and had no idea about anything, my ex partner sort of talked about self harm as if it was this secret thing that they try and everyone's done it etc. Being depressed almost feels like it's been popularized. (Not saying it's not real but I almost feel like it would make someone more likely to show symptoms if they were predisposed)

Also out of all my partners 80% have been on antidepressants.

But overall I don't know why it's so common, but hopefully once I've finished my studies I'll be able to help