Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

behrific t1_ja54g4d wrote

I’m heavy on SQQQ from a Friday holdover. I really think I should of sold. C’mon Monday, show me red.

Unknownirish t1_ja54yk8 wrote

And it's green.

Sorry_2_baked t1_ja5ek0x wrote

just my luck. :(

hiricinee t1_ja5qyor wrote

Its futes. fake and gay.

slick2hold t1_ja63jnh wrote

Never ever ever trust futures or premarket moves. NEVER unless its a 300+ point move and even then it may open in opposite direction.

Futures are so manipulated they shouldn't even be allowed to be traded or used.

breakyourteethnow t1_ja5oxed wrote

Keep holding, am in SQQQ too. It reached a yearly low/support and bounced beautifully. All the news is awful, you think a run will happen until more bad news from inflation, Russia, China comes out and then it's over.

Cutlercares t1_ja5terq wrote

Buying shares or options?

Unknownirish t1_jac3ril wrote

I continue buying shares. But I'm a boomer investor so don't get your advice from a guy on Reddit.

Hambonedome t1_ja689xa wrote

You do understand SQQQ is based off the inverse of the NASDAQ, right? And is intended to have a 3x return. Look at the NASDAQ if you wanna go off a chart.

atn0716 t1_ja6ap00 wrote

What is sqqq? I tried to look up and understand this fund but couldn't find anything.

Hambonedome t1_ja6c4zx wrote

3x inverse returns of the NASDAQ. It’s essentially shorting the NASDAQ but safer

atn0716 t1_ja6ch00 wrote

So buying as a stock, the more nasdaq goes down the more this will go up? Like if the market crashes, this will jump a lot?

breakyourteethnow t1_ja6cftw wrote

Yes, look at the yearly chart and check current fundamentals. Anybody worried about decay is missing out, it's not to hold forever but until March or even April, sure. TA does work for x3 leveraged but used in conjunction with QQQ and NQ.

718cs t1_ja7s7jx wrote

How’s the red?

behrific t1_ja98dzj wrote

Meh, not too bad, cost basis 37.87. Sold it in the green.