Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

tradingmuffins t1_jdg762r wrote

Great for those room temp iq plays

robbinhood69 t1_jdgenpa wrote

I feel like march 2020 taught people the wrong lessons since almost nothing went to 0 altho it felt like that’s where we were headed, after 3 weeks of bear we had 3% rallies forever everything was so bullish, hell back then even declaring bankruptcy was bullish (Hertz up 800% on the good news)

Ppl we are only -4% off local highs and jerome just told us his printer will likely stay off during our descent

Buy fucking puts jfc

Chadmium1 t1_jdh93r0 wrote

Would argue that we will see a v shaped recovery in some of these bank stocks that got crushed due to the Fed backing them. I got leap puts on spy and frc calls lol

Dark_Delusion t1_jdg7xkd wrote

Honestly, all these shady failing banks should learn the art of shadiness from HSBC.

How HSBC remains largely unscratched despite its scandals is a mystery to me.

ian_v_t t1_jdgaxnx wrote

Cartel money probably

Chadmium1 t1_jdh8u0j wrote

Hong Kong Shanghai bank …gyna don’t play by the same rules

ian_v_t t1_jdhi57c wrote

A quick search says the owners are from England you smooth brain

samjo_89 t1_jdhef8y wrote

USAA is sitting pretty too. Granted they don't take on a lot of risk.

−2

Ok-Run5317 t1_jdgadgs wrote

time and again it has been proven. banking stocks have no bottoms.

BeyondShroud OP t1_jdgakj4 wrote

img

Ok-Run5317 t1_jdgb0fq wrote

the only time banking stocks get in vogue when market is in distribution mode. that is stocks are being offloaded to poor retail bag holders. bullishness in risky stocks like bank should be taken as time to lighten up long position and initiate short positions on overbought levels.

quelin1 t1_jdg74da wrote

I'd go with some bank etf rather than specific banks.

BeyondShroud OP t1_jdg7dsg wrote

You have the same idea as me. At present, the risk of investing in individual bank stocks is still relatively high. If I had to choose, I would choose DPST or KRE

VisualMod t1_jdg6ut0 wrote

>There is a strong possibility that bank stocks will rebound in the near future, given Yellen's remarks and Buffett's actions. However, as with any investment, there is always some risk involved and nothing is guaranteed. I recommend doing your own research before making any decisions.

BeyondShroud OP t1_jdg9aph wrote

I am going to buy DPST at a price of 7 dollars, I hope everyone wishes me good luckimg

michael_faraway t1_jdg7aiv wrote

Catching quarters in front of a steam roller.

Wonderful-Tip4305 t1_jdgfnak wrote

i think it is a good time so start investing with little amount of money, then as they fall down more you buy more

CartmanAndCartman t1_jdg72ub wrote

Yes

BeyondShroud OP t1_jdg75tf wrote

Which bank stock do you like?

PomegranateIll7303 t1_jdg8o0b wrote

I’m going with buffet on BAC. He can self fund it.

Snoo-62999 t1_jdg7i6c wrote

Do u know which bank Buffett buying? I’m all in it img

BeyondShroud OP t1_jdg7ouu wrote

BAC

Snoo-62999 t1_jdg7tp2 wrote

Isn't he just sold all of it? Maybe FRC next?

BeyondShroud OP t1_jdg8enw wrote

Buffett slashed his bank holdings even before Silicon Valley Bank went bankrupt. We have to admire his investment thinking, he successfully escaped this crisis. Now he's ready to buy bank stocks at the bottom

PomegranateIll7303 t1_jdg9aqh wrote

I didn’t know that, damn he’s good. He knows we need banks like we need Coke, guarantee he’ll be buying the dip.

BeyondShroud OP t1_jdg9ick wrote

Buffett invests in the stock market as if from God's perspective. It's too easy for him to invest in the stock marketimg

AmplitudeTrader t1_jdh8ioy wrote

I am all in BAC with 40k. I think Buffet is buying the dip, I think the irregularities in the trading patterns are caused buy a whale like Buffet, based on his previous purchase prices, this is an attractive price, but he might want to be greedier since there is panic and let it drop. I see the main threats to this working out is 1: whatever came out of that meeting between Buffet and the Biden Administration, and 2: FedNow and Federal Credit unions taking over the banking industry, 3: mass adoption of crypto. Make your own decisions, but I am firm in my position.

243james t1_jdg9uu2 wrote

Cute to think thisis the bottom for banks though.

Sea_Parsley2982 t1_jdg8vx2 wrote

I’m gonna day trade SCHW. I pray every day for a revolution. Until then I’m gonna pickup some nickels.

Raceg35 t1_jdheyx3 wrote

banked on some 56p this week. sold before close yesterday. Missed more AH gains tho. I went to 55c to try and catch a bounce. I felt like -6% in one day was a little overboard.

Hairy_Inspector_5089 t1_jdg7fzt wrote

I bought TD wish me luck

neutralpoliticsbot t1_jdgcclq wrote

I bank with TD and their app is the worst out of all I tried.

You can't even manage your credits cards there it has to open a new window in your browser like wtf its 2023 TD. You can only see the balance. They also couldn't figure out notifications for a long time, at one point you had to install a sperate app just so you could get notifications....

Is there any bank out there that still doesn't have all services in one app?

BeyondShroud OP t1_jdg7lb9 wrote

I am also watching this stock, but I will choose to buy DPST tomorrow. wish us luck

243james t1_jdg8jrn wrote

Td is solid. Bmo ain't to shabby either.

PomegranateIll7303 t1_jdg8igx wrote

I like the consolidation play. We have to have banks but deep pockets can probably scoop up a lot cheap here.

HomosapianDaGreekGod t1_jdgaxes wrote

Canadian banks are the only ones i would buy. i have no trust in american ones.

Been watching the top 5. Want another 10% drop before I buy in. The big fish have to buy now because it takes them weeks to fill their amount of shares up. For me, I can buy lower. But i also think these are good prices to begin a position. and if another 10% pullback happens i would be happy to add. RBC is my top bank followed by TD.

GLTA.

neutralpoliticsbot t1_jdgc1yl wrote

I think so, but it could fall further.

Looking at $KRE fund

ruggeroo8 t1_jdgjyqr wrote

If you want to invest in banks right now, then you'd be better off just lighting your cash on fire. This banking crisis hasn't even started.

technojoe99 t1_jdgn8mr wrote

During 2008, it took an entire year for markets to bottom.

wallstregard t1_jdgw4ol wrote

There's a pretty massive risk difference between some regionals and bac or jpm....banks is a broad word

Heavy_Cupcake_6246 t1_jdh9313 wrote

Loading up on Barclays at £1.30 a share earlier is a great deal.

HarrisLam t1_jdheip2 wrote

It is always a good opportunity to buy at the bottom.

anomhali t1_jdhiiwi wrote

Okay banks will never stabilize, If the current rate continues, they will have huge amount losses because %99 mortgages are around 0%, but they need to borrow at 6%, the fed cannot drop the rate because it will cause hyperinflation, but If fed does not drop the rate, then including the giants one, all banking system will COLLAPSE. Especially, the US will get duck with 30-year mortgages, in other developed countries, the people going to suffer and the home market COLLAPSE.

anomhali t1_jdhl4bi wrote

save your money folks, while you can, buy metals.

Sea-Sherbert3338 t1_jdi4v6f wrote

Absolutely! The banks just borrowed 400 billion from the fed. And now the fed raised rates again further depreciating their assets!

BuySellHoldFinance t1_jdi9xsy wrote

Bank stocks are riskier than tech but have lower returns. Literally worse of both worlds.

5349 t1_jdij19w wrote

Sell some JPM $120 puts maybe.

Ber1nice- t1_jdkf7ib wrote

The next unlucky guy is about to go out of business

BeyondShroud OP t1_jdki60t wrote

So don't invest in individual stocks, investing in ETFs is solid, such as DPST

Ber1nice- t1_jdkkzi8 wrote

>DPST

I see that he is currently losing money since the beginning of the year

A_ron1 t1_jdkoa5b wrote

Have been thinking this and looking at KRE. Aren’t rising interest rates supposed to be generally good for banks??

r33339 t1_jdl09iw wrote

Hahahaha.

saynotochichorapan t1_jdm96tr wrote

FED's mandate is to focus on unemployment, GDP, and inflation. There is no way they are extending help to bank's. All of this is a short-term shit. UBS acquired credit Suisse, Republic was financed $30bn by 11 banks and Citi has recently lended $5bn to Republic Bank so that they get time for restructuring. It will come back to normalcy soon.

Interesting-Boot-399 t1_jdrqrcj wrote

Maybe they fell for a reason 🤔 You don't wanna pick someone else's problem .

[deleted] t1_jdg9jcr wrote

Y’all know banks make more money when interest rises right?

−1

[deleted] t1_jdgttdy wrote

[deleted]

−4

zeradragon t1_jdh899k wrote

There's literally no better time to buy stocks than at the bottom because it's only profits from that point on. If it keeps going down then it's clearly not the bottom...

Blacknesium t1_jdgcc7u wrote

There is no bottom when Biden is manning the control sticks. Just a slow wobbly fall down the stairs for 4 years.

−8