Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Astro_turff t1_je86vml wrote

Probably in the top 5 for pieces of advice I’ve seen on this sub. Seeing those digits inside your bank app is like post-nut clarity.

I also recommend buying something you’ve had on your wish-list for a while, something you’d never normally buy with your paycheque. Like I personally ended up buying a nice camera, after years of saying I’ve always wanted a “professional” camera.

Making those abstract numbers and graphs feel tangible will seriously save you (and your jaw from the late nights behind Wendy’s)

pw7090 t1_jea179s wrote

So when you lose a ton, you should sell something that you cherish?

Middle_Name-Danger t1_jeanjgw wrote

Better to sell something someone else cherishes, like mom’s wedding ring or grandma’s house.

MasterInvaster t1_jedg9tj wrote

When I lose a ton, I also buy something that I've wanted to for awhile. It feels very cheap in comparison to the loss I just suffered, lol

anus_camper t1_jea4ore wrote

whenever i go on these streaks I take out half, buy a nice dinner, a semi expensive thing i've wanted, and throw the rest in a high yield savings for taxes. Keeps you in touch with the actual value of money.

morningshiftatmcd t1_jebb21j wrote

Absolutely, what I started doing whenever I win (which is rare), is taking the winnings out in physical cash and then depositing it in my bank account, different kind of feeling

Ram_0830 t1_je9x1sj wrote

This is great advice. Couldn’t have said it better.