Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

pigsgetfathogsdie t1_iugouoc wrote

$20/Month for a ☑️

Elong using the old school sus service charge.

Gotta laugh at Twitter Karens having meltdowns about this charge tho…

MyLifeIsDope69 t1_iuiqm0x wrote

Dude celebrities make many thousands per tweet promo. He could easily charge a $100k annual membership to the higher tier celebs based on follower account, make a cascading tier you pay based on followers down to the lowest rung maybe being $20.

It's so easy to turn this into a cash cow because the people making millions off their audiences would obviously pay for it since the ROI is still massive for them

pigsgetfathogsdie t1_iuitdi1 wrote

Believe it or not…

Many celebs are the biggest Twitter Karens about this charge.

I agree they could pay much more than $20/month…

Maybe Elong can lauch a platinum ☑️ and charge celebs $20K/month?

MyLifeIsDope69 t1_iuitt5v wrote

They'll bitch and moan then their finance manager will tell them to pay up because it's worth it. At least how I see it going down. Having that type of reach to your audience is pretty priceless and Twitter is the best means for quick short form messages to everyone that can be shared easily. Instagram and Facebook don't let them hit their followers in quite the same way.

Alt services don't stand a chance due to network effect Elon would have to really piss off everyone if it's just a few they can't really move effectively plus Parlor and those don't have the servers for massive amounts of people I don't think

FlatOutUseless t1_iuj89be wrote

Those marks are to prevent impersonation. Right now Twitter is assumed reliable for check marks. They will lose value if people won’t want to get them.

RUSebist t1_iujd74c wrote

I don't think enough people understand this, remove the checkmark's and all you'll get is more chaos, more scamming and even less ad money