Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

bigdickbetss t1_iufqlgh wrote

Well you know what this means... puts on AZO

eayende t1_iufr95k wrote

If it fails earnings sure, never go against the trend

miataowner OP t1_iufvewx wrote

Ha! They always seem to slide on the day of an earnings release, nearly every time. Very last earnings call was a beat in growth, beat in EPS, beat in revenue, and yet the stock ate shit for like three days to the tune of like 5-6% IIRC.

If you wanna play puts, do it on earnings announcements.

miataowner OP t1_iufrkcc wrote

More exposition:

When the ganeral public either cant afford a new car, cant even get ahold of a new car, or is looking down the barrel of economic doom (rising interest, rising rates, possibility of job losses) then they keep their existing cars longer. It worth noting the median age of the American car is in excess of 12 years now and continues to stretch further.

As such, AZO does their very best sales when the economy is either unstable or in a downturn. Every time the US goes into recession, their sales peak.

And by all accounts, we are expecting a pretty hard economic downturn in the next calendar year.

Tbone6532 t1_iuft4se wrote

Auto zone is a good play, most working type can’t afford a 60-100k new car so they are fixing their old POS until cars a more affordable again.

Illustrious-Lock9458 t1_iugarxy wrote

60-100k cars? You looking at strictly BMW & Audi? lol GM just announced electric SUV for 23k after rebate..... i still wouldn't buy new just curious what cars you browse

northdancer t1_iugbypm wrote

I'm spending $70k+ on a new Honda pilot. I already have buyer's remorse. It looks like an Astrovan on the inside. I'm in Canada.

Popular-Pollution-29 t1_iuh2mil wrote

If they sell the ev bolt for 28k I find it hard for them to sell an ev suv for 23k. Most people don't even know the difference between a crossover and a suv.

The electric car rebate isn't a refundable tax credit, and a good portion of people won't get anything for the rebate.

Illustrious-Lock9458 t1_iuh6i64 wrote

ok still 30k with no rebate lol

​

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/08/business/chevrolet-equinox-ev

Popular-Pollution-29 t1_iuh6oww wrote

Don't give a news story. Give a sticker price at the dealership.

Illustrious-Lock9458 t1_iuh81uz wrote

Ok will do when its released lmao, sounds like you got finessed by a cars salesman dude

Popular-Pollution-29 t1_iuh88o4 wrote

Once before by a few thousand more than what I should have paid. Which might be a little better than you because I doubt you have ever bought a new car.

Illustrious-Lock9458 t1_iuh8yka wrote

You're right I don't like wasting 30-50% value just driving out of a lot.

Popular-Pollution-29 t1_iuh928q wrote

So you buy used cars?

Illustrious-Lock9458 t1_iuha35e wrote

Yes sir, maybe you should watch this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjFSxdRKhMo&ab_channel=ScottyKilmer

Before you get finessed again.... You could of wasted that money on meme stocks or something cool

Popular-Pollution-29 t1_iuhaqep wrote

I seen some of his videos.

I bought a new chevy Cruze in 2016 for $14,500 out the door. Now that car is worth around $8,000 and a little over a hundred thousand miles on it. Was it better for me to buy that car new or used? Don't get me talking about my 2014 truck I bought new, I could sell it for more than what I bought it for.

A lot of the time it's better to buy a new vehicle at the right price.

miataowner OP t1_iui1uit wrote

Doesnt this just further reinforce the point of AutoZone? Buying used to conserve money means youre the exact market AZO is targetting.

azidesandamides t1_iuggls4 wrote

Bro ebay is cheaper same with amazon

miataowner OP t1_iugkrgm wrote

Yeah and how have thise two done this year?

azidesandamides t1_iugmdks wrote

All I'm saying is. I get cheaper car parts from ebay...

turbohondaej1 t1_iuguin5 wrote

Most shops buy from them retail business is only part of it. Shops get delivery on same day and can fix most cars same day with parts availability. The only reasons for bad would be supply chain related but even dealers still have stuff on national backorder for years so idk.

fonzwazhere t1_iuhlwd3 wrote

And i can go down the street and get an alternator today. What if they started price matching, what then huh?!?

viperex t1_iuhnv1z wrote

And I'm sure you can get cheaper home renovation material on Amazon but you drive down to Lowes or Home Depot every time

Flabq t1_iufqk4y wrote

I can't imagine that this kind of growth is sustainable

miataowner OP t1_iufrzmf wrote

On a long enough timescale, humanity isnt sustainable. Name another Fortune company with a >10% CAGR beyond two decades.

Sure, nothing is forever. Given the reason why AutoZone exists (people who cant afford to let a dealer fix their aging car) ita almost entirely aimed straight at economically disadvantaged car owners. Theres a lot of those folks in the US.

Seastorm14 t1_iugw8i7 wrote

Not just people who can’t afford to let a dealer fix their car, those that fucking hate dealerships and refuse to go to them as little as possible. As someone that used to work there years ago believe me people would rather tear their own shit apart because dealers would always just do what they’re known for. Finesse extra charges, or slightly fuck something else up so they come again later when they notice it.

VisualMod t1_iufqa0v wrote

>AZO is a great company, and I think their stock will continue to rise. They are a leader in the auto parts industry, and have been growing steadily for many years. I believe they will continue to be successful in the future.

Wise_Distribution_24 t1_iufw7uc wrote

264 million cash with 8.58 billion current liabilities. -3.8 billion net tangible assets. This one is a diamond handz keeper foar shure.

I just found out where the -3.8 billion net tangible assets went: share buybacks. Share buybacks on debt is another 1001% diamondz handz keeper criteria.

I don't care how big the name, how big the market cap, no company has ever gone bankrupt not having any debt.

Jvic111 t1_iufupjn wrote

I’ve been watching AZO for over a year. So pissed I didn’t buy calls a month or two ago…

Count-demonae t1_iug0wzx wrote

Gotta keep that pos running cause you can't afford a new one...

azidesandamides t1_iuggpgl wrote

>Gotta keep that pos running cause you can't afford a new one...

Autozone is so much more expensive then online

Ra93qu1t t1_iugm9nb wrote

this is actually a good candidate for a stock split.

diamondhandedman t1_iuh4gfc wrote

I refuse to take any advice from someone who drives a miata. This was my first car so I know you can't b smarter than me. I realized that car was ridiculous at 18. Also autozone is in every state across the country. There's no more growth. This stock looks like Chipotle.

miataowner OP t1_iui2517 wrote

Turns out America isnt the only place on the planet with an aging car fleet and people who want to keep their cars running.

No more growth, lol...

FastEddyToronto t1_iuhf60s wrote

What's coming or upon us is NOT a Recession My Brother. People don't Understand Who We are up against and the Only way to make THEM irrelevant is by obtaining SILVER believe it or Nor

viperex t1_iuhnj25 wrote

Why are y'all posting max charts?