Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

G1lg4m3sh OP t1_ixfes5t wrote

I'm honestly wondering what the fuck Elon's thought process was buying this shithole in the first place

davescilken t1_ixffbhe wrote

IMO he was half joking and found himself in a horrible position between a bad decision and a crashing equity market, unable to back out, now trying to stay afloat and failing. Something needs to die. I hope it's only twitter.

Safelang t1_ixgcmct wrote

Wasn’t it one of his BS polls to buy Twtr or not, that he got committed to buying it! Says lot about decision making by twtr polls.

That-Whereas3367 t1_ixgiyah wrote

There was no thought process. Just a combination of Bipolar Disorder, drugs and sleep deprivation.

GandaKutta t1_ixix2kj wrote

> Bipolar Disorder, drugs and sleep deprivation.

where do i sign up?

iluvvivapuffs t1_ixfpins wrote

Becky Quick was in a meeting with him and said, she questioned his decision until she heard him elaborating his plans. She said he put a lot more thoughts into it than people give him credit for.

(Having said that, I do think he didn’t like the price tag and couldn’t back out of the deal)

euserc75 t1_ixfhz31 wrote

Tax loss harvesting for the sale of stock he had to make to tax payments earlier this as his shared became vested. Connect the dots …he’s got a whole tax / legal department working for him

Icy-Cat6810 t1_ixgrteq wrote

Lol yah we forget this part. Write offs or pay taxes

PromptAwkward t1_ixftyfj wrote

I wonder the same thing. He seems to have acted on a whim while talking with his friends. Got carried away with $40B. Doesn’t seem to be his finest hour