Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

VisualMod t1_iyfam1u wrote

>There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the appropriateness of investing in stocks depends on factors such as your financial goals and risk tolerance. However, if you are not comfortable with taking on a lot of risk, then investing in stocks may not be right for you. Options trading can be another way to potentially make money from stocks without having to invest a large amount of capital upfront, but it also comes with its own risks. Ultimately, it is important to do your research and consult with a financial advisor before making any investment decisions.

I_make_DMT_carts t1_iyfbq2e wrote

They’re worth it just so you can learn how the markets work, for when you have more money.

Options… you can make a lot with a little bit. Plenty of options made 6-10x today. E.g. if you bought an NVDA $170C for $24 yesterday it would be worth $240 today. But that’s kinda rare it’s much more likely you’ll just lose 100%.

FlatIndependence8633 t1_iyfby73 wrote

The more money you have the easier to make money as you have far more flexibility. I keep 15% cash for opportunities that may arise. I also have 80 stocks. I can add or subtract pending market conditions average up or down. I have several buy and sell orders in at any given time with the price I want that auto execute. Maybe 10% actually execute. I evualate over the weekend. Takes much of the emotion out of it. I infrequently trade options but will if I see an opportunity. Options are a very short trade duration of a week or less. Most retail investors have limited funds and tend to be fully invested.

daytradingguy t1_iyfc34m wrote

How old are you? Stock investing is a 10 year+ game. You may not make money instantly, and you may lose before you recover and profit.

attofreak t1_iyfc96n wrote

You can try scalping on forex markets. Open an account with a respectable enough broker. IC Markets seems alright. 500:1 leverage, but located in Seychelles. If you can spare around $10-20, you can scalp on 100:1 leverage every day.