Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

throwaway_0x90 t1_j2cvk3s wrote

All this stuff you're saying is correct but sometimes fundamentals just don't matter. After Elon announced CyberTruck, TSLA went on the most illogical gravity defying bull run ever. You could just throw a dart a wall of TSLA calls and buy whatever; you'd make money. This sub was filled with ridiculous yolo TSLA calls.

Back then, the Elon Factor made the stock rise unreasonably. Can Elon repeat that? Personally I think this whole Twitter fiasco has completely stripped him of that magic. Some people think otherwise; or that maybe the contracts NASA gives to SpaceX he'll use some of that money in Tesla - who knows.

It's a gamble.

Also, as much as I enjoy watching Elon get wrecked, Tesla apparently does actually deliver a product and it's somewhat decent. I see Tesla cars everywhere. I guess that's worth something. I don't think Tesla will be completely defeated by anyone else anytime soon.

If nothing else, people could "Theta Wheel" it and make money from other people's (false?) hopes & dreams.

Crazyphilll OP t1_j2cvoo4 wrote

My theory too, elon factor also the reason for the current illogical drop. The company is not significantly performing differently

Rattus12 t1_j2cy0ph wrote

The reason I opened a position in Tesla last week is because I live in Norway, the most mature EV marked in the World where 60% of all new cars sold is an EV. Most sold brand in 2022? Tesla. Most sold car model ever sold in a calander year in Norway? Tesla model Y in 2022 beating a record set in the 70’s. If Tesla have a tenth of the success they have had in Norway once markeds mature elsewhere it will be well worth my investment

playaaa29 t1_j2d2u8b wrote

Its a shitty car to drive. Can not come close to German cars

Rattus12 t1_j2d4nva wrote

Im driving a Model 3, before that an Audi A3 e-tron. I Like both but no contest really. Prefer my Tesla and best car I’ve driven. Currently on a cabin in the Norwegian mountains with pretty horrible driving conditions, no problem

Crazyphilll OP t1_j2cyrjo wrote

Interesting premise, but Norway is a very unrepresentative market. But even so, 2023 will be very interesting to observe as the “old” car manufacturers have ramped up their evs now and supply shortages look to recover. My guess is that the germans will come in strong.

Rattus12 t1_j2d4d17 wrote

Somewhat unrepresentetive but still don’t believe it’s a completely unrelevant marked to gouge consumer sentiments in the west. It’s also worth to note the many of the big german manufactors have been selling EVs with good availibilty in Norway for years. They are also popular but not as popular as Tesla

cpm80 t1_j2cvr8h wrote

Eat a dick 🌈🐻

Crazyphilll OP t1_j2cvyk5 wrote

To each their own ;) i don’t swing that way.

VisualMod t1_j2cuyi2 wrote

>There are a few reasons why people might invest in Tesla despite its apparent overvaluation. Firstly, Tesla is a very innovative company and is constantly pushing the boundaries of what's possible with electric vehicles. This makes it an attractive investment for those who want to be involved in the latest technologies. Secondly, Tesla has strong brand recognition and customer loyalty, which gives it an edge over its competitors. Finally, Tesla's share price has been rising steadily for several years now, so investors may believe that there is still room for growth potential.

Crazyphilll OP t1_j2cvf0x wrote

What technology are you aware of that tesla is pushing? I agree that 5-10 years ago. The sheer push for ev gave them a headstart in motor tech. But it took the germans 2 years to catch up. As for handling components like shocks and stability and luxury features, tesla is still behind.

ABena2t t1_j2cxisp wrote

I agree. but some people look at Tesla more then just a car company. You can argue its more of a tech company. Or alternative energy company. Obviously their bread and butter is selling cars. You might be right about the shocks and whatnot - but what about their software? Then they're also into solar panels and battery packs (although a small portion of their business today). They have charging stations. They even have a freaking robot they're working on. Who knows if that'll ever work out or make money tho. And they're even talking about a Tesla cellphone. That Tesla phone could be a game changer IMO. The thing about Elon Musk is that he owns so many other huge companies. Space X. Star link. Twitter. The Boring Company. Idk if it'd make financial sense for him with Star Link but he already said he'd integrate it with Teslas and Cellphones. What if he decides only Tesla cars and Tesla Cellphones can link to Star link? Can he do that? Would he do that? I'd imagine he'd make more money allowing everyone to - but that'd almost be game over if not. If you could have hi speed internet in your car and on your phone wherever you are in the world - why would you buy anything else? Screw my shitty android that doesn't work half the time. I'd imagine he'd just want as many users as possible tho. The point being - Tesla is more then a car company. And Elon has the ability to prop one company up with another. It's almost too much power for one person to have. Now he even owns a freaking social media company which is a lot bigger then most people think.

You're not just betting on Tesla. You're betting on Elon.

Crazyphilll OP t1_j2cy6mm wrote

Thanks for this comment, i can get behind the logic. As a data guy its too intangible for me to put my money in though.

becool773 t1_j2cwa4j wrote

Besides Mercedes, which has tied up with Nvidia, which German automobile maker is doing good in the field 9f FSD?

Crazyphilll OP t1_j2cxwfg wrote

Mercedes has nothing. Nvidia partnership is overrated imo. I overlooked the self driving tech because it makes no sense to me. You have a company that makes a car for enthusiasts who develops tech so they wont get to drive their car anymore? Thats like eco mode on an amg. If tesla carves out this software department and makes it a t1 supplier i would totally invest in that company. I can see that non enthusiast cars like yaris etc. have drivers that will have a real benefit from self driving tech.

becool773 t1_j2cy97b wrote

You are underrating Nvidia. Their FSD is second to Tesla. Imagine this, you buy a car as an enthusiast drive like you want to and at night or when you don't want to use it, it earns by becoming a driverless taxi of sort. The use cases are many but achieving level 5 autonomy is very hard.

Crazyphilll OP t1_j2cyvn0 wrote

I simply do not see car enthusiasts “loaning” their car to strangers that may spill a drink. No one who has the money for such a car cares that little for it. Edit: you may be right about my underrating the nvidia partnership

Shoddy-Donut-9339 t1_j2d8oon wrote

Some people just don’t have a feel for when a asset is overpriced. They like the company or the CEO and like how much the stock has risen and they want a piece of that action. The thought that “I am to late and this is overpriced now” fails to happen for them.

VisualMod t1_j2cuy5t wrote

User Report
Total Submissions 0 First Seen In WSB 2 weeks ago
Total Comments 1 Previous Best DD
Account Age 3 years [^scan ^comment ](https://www.reddit.com/message/compose/?to=VisualMod&subject=scan_comment&message=Replace%20this%20text%20with%20a%20comment%20ID%20(which%20looks%20like%20h26cq3k)%20to%20have%20the%20bot%20scan%20your%20comment%20and%20correct%20your%20first%20seen%20date.) [^scan ^submission ](https://www.reddit.com/message/compose/?to=VisualMod&subject=scan_submission&message=Replace%20this%20text%20with%20a%20submission%20ID%20(which%20looks%20like%20h26cq3k)%20to%20have%20the%20bot%20scan%20your%20submission%20and%20correct%20your%20first%20seen%20date.)

^^Discord ^^BanBets ^^VoteBot ^^FAQ ^^Leaderboard ^^- ^^Keep_VM_Alive >TL;DR: There are many reasons why people might invest in Tesla despite its apparent overvaluation. Some may believe that Tesla has a real technology lead that will allow it to dominate the market for electric vehicles, while others may simply be caught up in the hype surrounding the company.