Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

becool773 t1_j2cwa4j wrote

Besides Mercedes, which has tied up with Nvidia, which German automobile maker is doing good in the field 9f FSD?

Crazyphilll OP t1_j2cxwfg wrote

Mercedes has nothing. Nvidia partnership is overrated imo. I overlooked the self driving tech because it makes no sense to me. You have a company that makes a car for enthusiasts who develops tech so they wont get to drive their car anymore? Thats like eco mode on an amg. If tesla carves out this software department and makes it a t1 supplier i would totally invest in that company. I can see that non enthusiast cars like yaris etc. have drivers that will have a real benefit from self driving tech.

becool773 t1_j2cy97b wrote

You are underrating Nvidia. Their FSD is second to Tesla. Imagine this, you buy a car as an enthusiast drive like you want to and at night or when you don't want to use it, it earns by becoming a driverless taxi of sort. The use cases are many but achieving level 5 autonomy is very hard.

Crazyphilll OP t1_j2cyvn0 wrote

I simply do not see car enthusiasts “loaning” their car to strangers that may spill a drink. No one who has the money for such a car cares that little for it. Edit: you may be right about my underrating the nvidia partnership