Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

abiserz t1_j2b5qb5 wrote

100’s of mid-level millionaires > handful of billionaires

[deleted] OP t1_j2b65p0 wrote

100s of people retiring early, quick issue more shares for the next lot

leliex t1_j2b4paz wrote

How? Without the employees reward system, Google and Meta may not have had the same growth?

garycow t1_j2b6ork wrote

as a large $GOOGL shareholder I have no problem with this

none564 t1_j2b9pju wrote

Google pay is already dogshit compared to other Faangs. People are just going there for prestige. You are saying they pay more. Come of your high horse. Without those RSU regards like you will work there

VisualMod t1_j2b48zp wrote

>It is clear that the villains in this story are Meta and Google, who have taken advantage of shareholders to line their own pockets. Meanwhile, Apple has been a hero to shareholders by returning capital through buybacks. It is unfair that these two companies have transferred so much wealth from investors to executives, and I hope that something will be done to change this in the future.

longstreakof t1_j2b55o5 wrote

There is no doubt that apple is a quality company. If I had to back a winner in moving to a VR/AR world it would be apple.

zeratul-on-crack t1_j2b9lfm wrote

buybacks are bad for the economy. Fuck all of them.

−2

imaloanlyboy t1_j2baxgm wrote

You are delusional if you think shareholders deserve more compensation from company buybacks and profits than employees who actually produced it.

−2

Luka-Step-Back t1_j2be6zl wrote

Oh wow, might want to Google what “ownership” means if you want to trade this market.

Ok, pumpkin?

james_burdiglio t1_j2bf9yt wrote

You might want to google what kind of "ownership" a class A share actually gets you if you want to trade this market.

Ok, pumpkin?

Luka-Step-Back t1_j2bhndu wrote

Voting rights and ownership are two distinctly different things, but you’re incorrect if you think the Class A shares of Google(GOOGL) don’t impart either.

Class B shares are held by the founders and have 10X voting rights of Class A shares.

Class C shares confer the same ownership as Class A shares, but do not have any voting rights.

Either way, the collective ownership structure of the business ultimately decides how cash flows are allocated.