Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

JackDilligaff OP t1_j1ym2ia wrote

ohh dont get me wrong, I said degenerates for a reason. the memes were off color but actually funny, the chatter about different stocks were plenty, and the support was more eloquent while still being immature. People had some great insights and research...so yeh....your sarcasm aside there was more raw intelligence floating around but why swim in this sea of nothingness rn? show me 10 good pieces of DD in the last month and I'll give you a dollar. you cant tho cause nobody does their homework here. WSB turned into the detention room more than special ed......I like the old WSB where at least the clowns in the circus were funny and not just laughable

keithblsd t1_j1yx16i wrote

The problem is everyone who was like that has either made it rich off the memes and left, or failed enough to $ROPE. If someone made a new sub that enforced the old rules and it grew over time we could get it back, but now it's overrun by everyone from every social media who saw some people make a ton of money. Sadly there is no return to form once it gets mainstream, still opportunities to make money but no the same.