Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

lovsicfrs t1_j6nvk3n wrote

I think it’s different when it’s good being cooked Vs food you are purchasing to take home to your own cooking environment.

You are assuming that the same cooking utensils are not being used and as someone who has worked fast food, good luck!

Thanmandrathor t1_j6nx77z wrote

I avoid fast food as a general rule, it’s literally my last food option when nothing else is available.

But both places bring in meat to sell onto consumers and profit off doing so, so I think claiming that as the reason to avoid fast food as a vegan is a bit of a stretch.

I also made no assumptions about how stuff is cooked in a fast food place, I merely pointed out that both places profit off selling meat.

I do in fact eat vegan. I am also under no illusion that staff in a fast food, or any other restaurant that isn’t solely plant-based for that matter, are going to cross-contaminate the foods, because they either don’t give enough of a shit, or are too stupid to know better. As I have no allergies the cross-contamination is not a huge issue for me personally. If I eat at a BK it would be a calculated risk at that point.