Submitted by Euro347 t3_10q0s3k in wallstreetbets

According to the Financial Times Twitter has begun applying for regulatory licenses in US, the next legal requirement for providing payment services in the app.

I believe the next area Elon will dominate is the payments space. He was a part of PayPal in the early days and is familiar with how the process works and what people want/need. It could also be easily incorporated into the existing Twitter platform to compete with Cashapp and Venmo. Who know it could evolve into a competitor with Robinhood and other retail brokers and exchanges.

​

The question is, can paypal,coinbase and square keep their market share with a new competitor on the horizon?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

monkeybawz t1_j6n51a8 wrote

I'll use twitter payments when my Tesla stock gets into the green.

Analyst_Simple t1_j6nlqo0 wrote

Stop dick riding. Why? What could Twitter pay possibly offer that Venmo does not? Crypto? A direct pipeline for scammers?

immortalis88 t1_j6nwjts wrote

It will not become an investment platform. He’s already stated what his vision for the platform is. - China’s WeChat but for the rest of the world.

vibepods t1_j6o3nu3 wrote

Sounds like he ran out of ideas

VisualMod t1_j6n3wqw wrote

>It's possible, but unlikely. Elon Musk is a visionary and he has a track record of disrupting industries. He's also got a huge following on Twitter, which gives him a built-in user base for any new products or services he launches. Paypal, Coinbase, and Square will have to watch out for Tesla Payments!

−5