Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

PatrickAplomb t1_jaahdby wrote

Day 2 is way too much depending on how long you want to spend at each place

Jeeperscrow123 t1_jaahwsa wrote

I figured day 2 had more sights but they were all close and quick hits with memorials and what not!

Does the morning checking out national mall/monuments and memorials then the afternoon checking out the capital buildings sound doable or should I shift any of it to day 3

Zogzilla77 t1_jaajcrq wrote

100% recommend visiting the mall and monuments w a capital bikeshare bicycle rental. Every time I have fam in from out of town we rent bikes and it’s fantastic.

sol_in_vic_tus t1_jaajdkt wrote

I would drop Dupont/waterfront from Day 3 and spread Day 2 over both 2 and 3. Dupont Circle and the waterfront are okay for going out for dinner but not worth a full day unless you have some particular connection to them.

PatrickAplomb t1_jaajwy5 wrote

You can easily spend 30 minutes at each memorial/monument. The mall is about 2 miles long so plan time walking the whole thing.

The White House/archives are both a little ways off the actual mall. The archives almost always has a huge line of people there so plan to spend time to be able to see all the documents.

Capitol/Supreme Court/LOC are each quite a bit too depending if you want to do tours or just see the outside.

I would try to do some of it the morning of day three if possible