Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

lucasbelite t1_j9kzunr wrote

Psychological projection. When people have internal conflicts they tend to think everybody is experiencing it or doing it. So they perceive it as a large problem and obsess about it. Because they can't fathom that other people and society at large don't have those urges.

Very often people who cheat become very controlling and jealous because they project their infidelity onto their partner and can't fathom that their partner is simply uninterested in doing the same. Or super religious fundamentalists can't fathom how you can be a good person if you don't have Jesus in your heart. They can't imagine a world where other people don't have the same skeletons in their closet.

And then they start falling into attribution bias. The reason "I" have those feelings is because children are sexualized because the liberal agenda. The reason why "they" have those feelings is because they don't believe in God. And they create a framework that works for them and reconciles their dissonance. So then anybody who is a liberal and doesn't pray everyday is a pedophile.

ProPhysioDC t1_j9l7xqv wrote

Callahan asks the registered pedofile if he knows what projection means. The guy starts using threatening language then walks off camera.

Why this clip didn’t go viral is beyond me.

And these pervs are coming to D.C. to protest LGBTQ 🏳️‍🌈 reading children fun books?

I just can’t with these MFs anymore.