Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Asleep_Square334 t1_jab7kdc wrote

So, is anything going to be done? This is actually ridiculous. Every day. Never ends. People will start moving out of the city.

sad_heretic t1_jabe5fu wrote

This is how you end up with the city you deserve.

RamekinThief t1_jac5p4q wrote

Totally anecdotal, but I've talked to two people now who have moved from DC proper to my area of PG county in part because of the perception that crime is rising in the city. Never thought I'd see the day.

mr_fun_cooker t1_jacjwzr wrote

Been in NE a long time but some of my friends have been victimized and one is lucky to be alive. Cops had the fuckers who attacked a gal I know and let them go. My wife missed being in a crossfire walking our dogs by 15 minutes. I never thought I’d be the guy who leaves but Im looking at prices. It’s not as much about the crime as it is about feeling like the Council isn’t on our side and the up and coming pols here are even dumber.

RamekinThief t1_jaepp02 wrote

Yeah, I think we got lucky(er) here in PGC, we've got a few of the younger people who are actual progressives on the council this time. A few of the corrupt old guard are still around but the change has started. I'm sorry to hear about your experiences. That's real shitty.