Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

hoosyourdaddyo t1_j99euq1 wrote

Mine. I went from high end telecom sales to AV, and I’m very happy. I make a good living, have the respect of my peers and enjoy what I do. In sales I made more money, but the cut throat nature of the business and the quotas weighing over your head just sucked.

pineapplewars t1_j9crf6e wrote

Well at least you went into AV Sales, I tried like hell to get out of hotel AV for years and ended up doing corporate AV. From what I e seen and experienced, hotel AV now is nuts in DC.

hoosyourdaddyo t1_j9ct3u6 wrote

I’m not in sales, I’m a freelancer. It’s dead now, but last fall was nuts!

pineapplewars t1_j9cta81 wrote

Ahhh, I misread like a dummy. Freelancing was def where it was at when I was in hotels. Those dudes were super chill and did great unless they came from a shit company.

hoosyourdaddyo t1_j9ctyf3 wrote

Lol. Did you work at PSAV?

I like that I’m one of the guys they always breath a sigh of relief when they see. Definitely makes me feel valued, which is a huge change from the corporate sales world.

pineapplewars t1_j9cxhpb wrote

So I actually started with Swank AV before they merged with PSAV. I worked part time after I left and watch the shit show unfold as PSAV took over. Still got a lot of friends in the industry and guys I talk to regularly.

Also yeah freelancers who didn’t come from a shitty staffing company we’re the tits and we loved when we saw them. We knew it was gonna be a rough but still solid night.