Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

sakizashi OP t1_jds75u3 wrote

…Packed with cars mostly with 1-2 people in them. Taken around 1pm.

They reversed the direction of traffic too and its not working out as the Park Service hoped.

exoticmatter421 t1_jds8onc wrote

We biked there a couple of hours ago. The cars had to be in traffic for hours to make it around the point.

kalamawho t1_jdslvqq wrote

Ran down there this morning and turned around because it seemed like an accident waiting to happen. It was insanely packed with cars—and while some of the drivers were trying to leave a lane (or at least a few feet) open for foot traffic and cyclists, the other half were abruptly swerving into any open space to try to get around the bumper to bumper traffic. Half the cyclists were going the normal direction even though traffic was reversed. Just a total clusterfuck that was dangerous and not enjoyable to anyone and that could have easily been avoided if they’d just shut down everything past the golf course to cars.

JonesBoyFan2018 t1_jdsgids wrote

I rode my bike down there to see what all the hype was about. Complete chaos down there. Totally not worth it imo

veloharris t1_jdskohz wrote

Weird in the past they've closed it to cars during peak bloom.

sprint113 t1_jdt3p7t wrote

Really? In the past, I remember they ran a shuttle bus to bring people from their parked cars around Hains Point/E Potomac Park to the tidal basin. Even when they closed the tidal basin during 2020, E Potomac Park was still open.

DC-DE t1_jdtbinp wrote

It was the same around 8:30 AM.