Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Wheresmycardigan t1_jefiuvc wrote

I drive 4-5 days a week because of Metro.

Pre-pandemic I had a bus - metro commute and since the time schedules haven't been back to normal. I begrudgingly made the switch to the car commute, then realized it was a blessing in disguise. It reallyyyyy sucks if you miss the bus and next one is in 20 minutes then it's just a domino effect to catching a train. It takes me 20 min to drive or 45min public transportation hitting transfers door to door.

My company gives us either $150/month for public transportation or free parking spot in the garage so it was a no brainer to be like "jk can I switch plz"). It's not even a cost thing bc I used to get $90/month unlimited pass and pocket the rest of my transport benefit...

As service slowly rebounds, I am starting to do a hybrid but damn is it rough to convert back after having the conveniences. I comically got motion sickness when I took metro for first time in months.

In my non work commute, my day to day, I usually walk or ebike bc things I need are within walking/biking distance.

I'm actually planning to move and broadening my geographical search to neighborhoods that aren't directly on top metro line but within a mile and served by bus.

isbutteracarb t1_jegegdu wrote

I took the bus recently for the first time since the pandemic and I was so motion sick 😩