Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

jj9979 t1_ir5tus8 wrote

Does anyone actually have a use case for the silver line besides easier access to Dulles?

The time, parking, $, doesn't seem to add up for daily/regular use

−1

ReadingKing t1_ir61pcg wrote

Yes. The use case is people who live in loudoun you dork

jj9979 t1_ir64qpi wrote

The math, time, expense wise didn't add up when I did it quick a year or two ago. But thanks for the input, dork

−2

thefocusissharp t1_ir6cm2t wrote

As it is, it shaves 20 minutes off of the old way of getting into DC via the Metro, The Red Line, for me. It's a game changer for me, and the people of Northern Virginia.

Lmao, sit in traffic.

jj9979 t1_irabrs5 wrote

>The current Silver Line is one hour and 12 minutes. The extension will bring it up to about 90 minutes. That's 45 minutes on the silver part of the Silver Line, and then Ballston to Metro Center is 15 minutes, Metro Center to Stadium-Armory is another 15 minutes, and then Stadium-Armory to Largo is another 15 minutes. So you're looking at about an hour and six to L'Enfant from Ashburn.Depending, of course, on how quickly your fellow passengers board. I've had Central on my case before asking if I'm having any problems with my train because I'm behind schedule, and I'll respond, "Yes, tell these people to board more quickly."

i'm not sure it saves any time whatsoever even with rush hour traffic, and absolutely not on weekends

[deleted] t1_ircxet8 wrote

[deleted]

jj9979 t1_ircxnjr wrote

Lol. What. I did the math and time given projected schedules. It didn't add up for some sort of life changing difference. The only thing wmata got you was dicking around on a phone or reading the paper ... Terrible business plans all around, not shocking given the parties involved

stupidfock t1_ir7ma1q wrote

It’s way better than driving all the way to wiehle to go into dc from loudon county fs