Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

pengo242 t1_iuhet8d wrote

One way ticket next time

brock_h t1_iuie671 wrote

What a weird thing to say to someone visiting on vacation lol.

"Thanks everyone really enjoyed being on the beach here in Mexico."

"Yeah, next time don't leave. Don't ever go back to the US or your family or your job or you community. Don't tell your family or your friends. You should be here with us now. You're never leaving again."

Happy Halloween 🎃

skurvy123 t1_iuhrz6y wrote

I think you meant this figuratively bc the USA doesn't let people in w just a one way ticket if you're not a citizen

iwasbornin2021 t1_iuhszzm wrote

Almost no country does

skurvy123 t1_iuhtnn1 wrote

Yup. The vast majority of Americans don't know this tho bc they haven't even been out of their own state 😭

−18

ForThe99andthe2000s_ t1_iuip3f8 wrote

Traveling is a privilege, I didn’t learn that until college, when I had friend who couldn’t afford to fly back home for breaks, let alone vacation for spring break and summer

skurvy123 t1_iuipdfg wrote

Not really. Your money is spent where you prioritize it. If you're flying using daddy's money, sure.

−10

ForThe99andthe2000s_ t1_iuj52u0 wrote

You do realize some people don’t have money to prioritize, it’s food, shelter, gas and nothing left over

skurvy123 t1_iuj5iuq wrote

The American dream 😂

Spend less money on shelter. Get a bicycle or smaller car. Food you eat anywhere.

If you want it, you can make it happen.

People just wanna bury their xenophobic heads up their own ass

−10

ForThe99andthe2000s_ t1_iuj6uip wrote

What? If you live in the middle of no where, i went to school in rural VA hours from an airport, how tf is a bike going to help?? The working poor exist, and there sometimes aren’t bootstraps long enough to pull yourself up

skurvy123 t1_iuj7cbt wrote

You aren't biking to the airport 😂 you bike around town to reduce the gas costs that you said took up all your income.

It's a digital world. You aren't confined anymore.

My point is there is a way to increase your income and decrease your costs.

You don't need more than $2k to travel around Europe for a month.

Save a dollar a day and boom you can go to Europe pretty soon.

−2

Dr_Prof_Pat t1_iuk1e7p wrote

Wtf are you smoking?

skurvy123 t1_iuk1opb wrote

What you mean? I've literally been to Europe for a month and spent under $2k. It's not hard.