Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MrPterodactyl t1_iu2anvp wrote

Yes DC's road design is at fault. If we replaced all the drivers in this area with Germans who were licensed using the German system we would still see as many accidents.

−5

OvenMittJimmyHat t1_iu3ukr4 wrote

As a lifelong DC driver I 100% disagree. Our signage and roads are fucked but terrible citizens with disregard for anyone but themselves are to blame. Drive around for an hour. It’s individuals

Gaijin_Monster t1_iu7qvxj wrote

No we wouldn't. Germans follow the rules. And in Germany there are police and policing measures everywhere that don't hesitate to punish people. This has to do with both government and how people are raised. 90% of America's current issues how people are raised -- lacking values. Instead America now teaches a culture of "do whatever you want and no one can tell you you're wrong." I worked with someone who taught their kids never to apologize to anyone ever. I lost all respect for them after that because they're raising sociopaths that will only make our society worse by teaching them nothing is wrong.

In Germany everything has rules. And every system has checks and balances that punish people for not following the rules. And the rules are actually enforced. It's vastly superior to the United States right now.