Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BoysenberryNo4959 t1_iu4294f wrote

There is no way I would ever allow someone, especially colleagues, to track my phone. That’s a huge invasion of privacy.

Quelcris_Falconer13 t1_iu47ir8 wrote

Could have been tracking a company phone and trying to figure out why he didn’t come back from lunch or why he wasn’t picking up. I wouldn’t allow them to track my personal cell but if they gave me a phone to use I’d be ok with it since I’m not paying for it

Usernameistaken00 t1_iu4dx2f wrote

It's a super useful safety and accountability feature. Some people are uncomfortable that their coworkers can see they're *still* in the airport bathroom, which is fine and why it's voluntary. you open the find my app, select who you want to share and when. you can share for an hour while you're all trying to get somewhere (like in this case), or for a day if you're flying in to/from multiple locations to make sure nobody misses their flight etc.

In this case it quickly let people know this guy is not coming to happy hour, he's at the hospital, and allowed for a faster response notifying people vs finding out the next day or whenever the hospital decided to try figuring out who this is and who to contact.