Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

spince t1_iybcrpn wrote

Asian grocer. H-Mart or Great Wall will have good fruit and clementines and Satsumas, far better quality than western grocers.

NeroAlighieri94 t1_iyevc4k wrote

they just leave everything out and mold is often a big issue. be careful

−2

Less_Wrong_ t1_iyayesp wrote

What are you talking about? It’s still apple season

SamHinkieKnew t1_iyatsux wrote

This immediately gave me mackinaw peach vibes. You haven’t been in any rooms being fumigated, I hope.

Kylec345 t1_iyaldt3 wrote

The halo cuties brand never disappoints me, im not familiar with grocery stores in DC to know where they would be sold, i just do a majority of my work there😅

booaslan OP t1_iyaxbbq wrote

Had many more tasteless or dry halo cuties than good ones unfortunately 😟. Havent tried them this season yet, maybe better I hope.

Thismarno t1_iyb91pw wrote

Trader Joes clementines are so flavorful!

ft_wanderer t1_iyd1sf4 wrote

Been getting the worst ones there. Haven’t tried for a couple weeks though.

booaslan OP t1_iye4nm4 wrote

Last ones i got have a decent taste for a second and then immediately evaporates. Maybe it's hit & miss

Appeal_Mother t1_iybk9iw wrote

Try Sumos when they're available.

krispissedoffersonn t1_iyb6zjm wrote

it’s still a little early, but nothing around here will ever have anything that rivals what you can get from www.flavorsbybhumi.com absolutely worth the prices. source: professional chef of 18 years

klubkouture t1_iydbcwa wrote

They are on sale at Balduccis.

MarinaPinotLover t1_iyar0hv wrote

Not to hijack your post but WHERE ARE THE STRAWBERRIES?! I know they're not in season, but for the past few years I have always had them in my house year-round. I've checked a few grocery stores in DC and in MD and seems like they're just not even expected to be on shelves?

−4

booaslan OP t1_iyazr05 wrote

Got some pretty good strawberries when they were in season. Driscolls i think was the brand. Not super tasty now that they're out of season

Cordileran t1_iybd4an wrote

One of the few fruits my kids eat. Had to go to 4 stores to find them in stock.