Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

corndogblaster t1_ixdn87d wrote

Unfortunately you’re not gonna get sympathy on this sub because it’s overwhelmingly anti-car. I think outdoor seating is nice during the summer but I agree the parking situation sucks now. A lot of places don’t need the extra space anymore since covid restrictions have been lifted, in fact most of the outdoor spaces are completely empty during the winter, but that doesn’t mean people will support removing them due to some weird attitude of “fuck cars and drivers”.

I think there’s a balance where we can have areas that are relatively car free but also not punish drivers for wanting to use their vehicle. Ug

−23

Potential-Calendar t1_ixezwld wrote

Not reserving 300 square feet of public space for your car is punishing drivers? No need to respond, just know you’re not going to have much success convincing people of that in this city.

corndogblaster t1_ixdn96o wrote

Unfortunately you’re not gonna get sympathy on this sub because it’s overwhelmingly anti-car. I think outdoor seating is nice during the summer but I agree the parking situation sucks now. A lot of places don’t need the extra space anymore since covid restrictions have been lifted, in fact most of the outdoor spaces are completely empty during the winter, but that doesn’t mean people will support removing them due to some weird attitude of “fuck cars and drivers”.

I think there’s a balance where we can have areas that are relatively car free but also not punish drivers for wanting to use their vehicle.

−15