Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Hujopaz t1_ixup7me wrote

Related to this; has anyone ever tried the in line water filters that can be bought on Amazon? Like the Waterdrop brand ones.

Rugrats-theme-song t1_ixut78w wrote

I’ve had this APEC one about 3 years now and I’m very happy with it

Edit: I think when I looked at waterdrop their certifications were a little sus.

epiphytically t1_ixutg20 wrote

Got an under sink Aquasana brand filter and it’s great. Makes a big difference in reducing the chlorine taste in the spring when they flush the system.

kateln t1_ixvt13k wrote

We got a Frizzlife Water Filter about 8 months ago. Easy install, and when I changed the filter out in September, it was easy to do. Plus saved a lot from the britas we were using.

We also did replace the lead pipes from the street to the house last month. Cost 100.00/foot or 1350 for us , plus another 350.00 for drywall repair. We were without water for two hours, and they capped off a pipe in our front patio as well. Removing a tripping hazard.

ferry_blue t1_iy1g3w8 wrote

We got notified that by DC water that we had lead pipes too. Who did you choose from the list? Assuming you used the LPRAP program, that is.

kateln t1_iy1gmd6 wrote

S&J was who the city recommended to us. They were great.

DrunkWoodchuck t1_ixx2lpw wrote

I have an under sink filter. Took about ten minutes to install, lasts 4-6 months, doesn’t take up counter or fridge space.

Highly recommend it.