Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

beltway_lefty t1_ixylx99 wrote

because, OP, I think it actually might be (breaking down). we continue to be less and less reasonable, and after two years of covid isolation at home, less sociable. we continue to increase the hubris, entitlement, self-centeredness and selfishness. our patience has significantly decreased due, imo, a a kind of PTSD due to all of the above, so we keep circling the bowl. and we in the capital area are in the center of it.

Brickleberried t1_ixzoqj1 wrote

> after two years of covid isolation at home

Almost nobody was isolated at home for two years though.

sagarnola89 t1_iy000it wrote

And worse yet we are continue to self-impose isolation. People refuse to get out and socialize again and instead keep advocating for work from home, further exacerbating, IMO, isolation and anti-social behavior.

kallie412 t1_iy30z2y wrote

People with chronic illnesses have been advocating to work from home for decades and thankfully it’s more the norm now post-pandemic. I’m very chronically ill and could never work in an office full time again. This isn’t anti-social it’s called survival.

sagarnola89 t1_iy3d14y wrote

Obviously there have to be exceptions. But the vast majority of ppl who work fron home don't have chronic illnesses.

kallie412 t1_iy593q0 wrote

You are vastly uneducated. 4 in 10 adults have at least 1 chronic illness. i have 11. when you get 1 they often essentially latch on to other weakness to cause related or comorbidity illnesses.