Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

celj1234 t1_ivi15vu wrote

Nah that wouldn’t work.

Lol no one here is changing anything. Why are you getting so upset homie?

Study-Hour t1_ivi1j24 wrote

Why wouldnt it work?

And because the movement make DST permanent is real and stupid. Congress nearly passed that dumb shit. We tried it in the 70s and repealed it within 3 years because it was awful. Making everyone wake up earlier is a dumb decision and throwing circadian rhythms to hell just for fun is dumb

−4

celj1234 t1_ivi3wa8 wrote

Bc of my work schedule. There is zero reason for me to “get up earlier”. So for me it would personally be great. Idk why I should care that it wouldn’t be for you. Idk you.

Gimme light in the evenings after my work day. 🙌🏾

Study-Hour t1_ivi483n wrote

what you have meetings that go to exactly 4:30 so you're limited strictly by dst for one whole hour of extra light?

because it'll be bad for you too, because it has serious negative effects on sleep quality, indirectly on things like cancer rates, accident rates, increased energy use, etc.... most of the scientific community is against it for a reason.

CriticalStrawberry t1_ivi5qtq wrote

Nearly all the correlation with those adverse effects is due to changing the time, not due to DST. The science points to picking one and leaving it alone. It doesn't favor one over the other.

Study-Hour t1_ivi5xk9 wrote

actually no. have you not looked at stats comparing people on one end of the time zone to the other? or stats comparing the non-DST state's energy use (Arizona) to the rest of the country during DST? There's evidence also we basically never recover from DST changes. We just fuck our sleep for years