Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

HealthLawyer123 t1_j02r90l wrote

It’s still faster to get to Dulles by driving if you can get a free ride.

Gumburcules t1_j030zy5 wrote

What kind of monster asks someone to drive them to Dulles for free?

You're saving like 20 minutes for yourself at the expense of nearly 2 hours of that person's time. I wouldn't even ask my own wife to do that.

9throwawayDERP t1_j033eld wrote

I’ve only done this once for my wife when she was coming back from a long trip with a pet. You don’t simply go out to Dulles, that pretty much takes up an half days worth of time.

ekkidee t1_j03o33f wrote

* Jerry Seinfeld has entered the chat.

Ancient-Isopod-2991 t1_j06sr6u wrote

It is interesting that many of you say that it's quicker to drive to Dulles and to take the metro. How little you think of the person who is driving you who has to drive back.

ekkidee t1_j03nyp8 wrote

Did you factor in parking in one of the remote lots? Or, if we're considering expense, the daily parking fee?

WaPo did an Amazing Race thing downtown to airline counter at IAD and determined it was really close to a draw. The one variable would be traffic which is not really a factor on the toll road, but can be a hassle downtown.

−1

HealthLawyer123 t1_j03peo7 wrote

They did their comparison at rush hour. I flew out of Dulles the day before thanksgiving and got there at 3, there was very little traffic, and my return trip was on a Sunday night also when there was not a lot of traffic.

celj1234 t1_j03v6vv wrote

That comparison didn’t factor in getting to the metro and potentially waiting for a train(s)