Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j6kzx0l wrote

[deleted]

Rhuthbarb t1_j6luxi9 wrote

Yikes. You started strong then you went on the attack and lost all your credibility.

What’s more likely: that a BIPOC recognized profiling they’ve lived with their whole life, or that your “helpful” staffer who wouldn’t make eye contact was misunderstood?

Leading-Seesaw-8442 t1_j6ltxfk wrote

This is a really disappointing non-apology. I’m even less inclined to shop at your store after seeing how you completely dismissed a legitimate complaint about a racist interaction by accusing a BIPOC customer of being too judgmental. Please learn from this experience and do better.

romanceordelusion t1_j6lf7ez wrote

That feels naive to say “lower” was written to mean “lesser as a person.” I am lower than my director, I am higher than an intern. What a strange thing to pick apart?

butteredfields OP t1_j6lan36 wrote

you’ve told me all about the people who didn’t fit the description of the person who harassed me, including the “Navajo woman” who I didn’t realize was relevant to this interaction (is that all she is? a nameless person of color? a token for you to offer as evidence of how not racist you are, perhaps? ✨🌻)

edit: to be clear, i’m not asking you to identify anyone. you were the one offering information about your employees.

edit edit: i was just hoping for an apology and a commitment to do better in the future 🌿 i’m sure this can still be reached 🥰